CNET - Yahoo hackers turned victims into bitcoin miners

Deeko

LOL

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

don't know how they plan to hide the fact a virus has infected the PC, because the moment it starts mining PCs start spitting fire.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

please write more then just a link.

it could be considered post farming. ^^

I remember a while back in june or july i did a review for the rat 7, the thing was around 400 words long, someone said i was post whoring then.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I remember a while back in june or july i did a review for the rat 7, the thing was around 400 words long, someone said i was post whoring then.

obviously you were. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

i r jelli

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

How likely is it they will catch the creators? Since they put a lot of work into their code and bitcoin is anonymous, I can imagine they can get away with this.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

'Some experts estimate that such networks could be generating as much as $100,000 (£60,000) each day'. 

Wow that is a lot.. And they're tax free too.. :P  

Wow guess they need to step up their enforcing system to avoid these from happening again... Thats why I use Google. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i wonder how much they made

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57616958-83/yahoo-malware-turned-pcs-into-bitcoin-miners/

Researchers at security firm Light Cyber revealed this week that one of the malware programs aimed to use the resources of infected PCs to perform the calculations necessary to run a Bitcoin network. Revealed earlier this month by fellow security firm Fox IT, the campaign spread its package by using Yahoo's ad server to deploy malicious ads. The malware took advantage of vulnerabilities in Java to install itself on computers that visited the ads.yahoo.com site.

that's pretty clever I have to say. making money instead of comedic enjoyment of trashing other peoples' computers :)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57616958-83/yahoo-malware-turned-pcs-into-bitcoin-miners/

that's pretty clever I have to say. making money instead of comedic enjoyment of trashing other peoples' computers :)

A major Pro level league called ESEA in counter-strike did this and the mining even damaged some computers, they have obviously stopped now but not without trashing their reputation and a lawsuit but strangely enough people still use the service :/

The irony with your post and your signature is unreal 

HAhaha, I never realized, that's great.

Pretty sure this happened to me a few months ago.

Oh well, I was due for a reformat anyway. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Jeez, people are smart these days to turn couple thousand of computers to mine for them...