Nintendo Switch Black Friday Deals

Hey forum, just a quick post today,

I've been thinking about buying a Nintendo Switch pretty soon, and black Friday is coming up. Has anyone seen any predicted deals? I've done a bit of research but all I can find is speculation. Does anyone know anything?

Thanks in advance!

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I believe there is going to be a Smash bundle out this season but that won't come till December.

Target's offering a Switch plus a digital copy of Mario Kart 8 for $300. Kohl's has a Switch + carrying case + headset + $90 in Kohl's Cash for $330. Walmart and Best Buy should have their ads out in the next couple of days based on past history. Gamestop's ad is probably a week away based on past history.

I'd say the Kohl's deal is the better of the two since for $360 plus tax you could get the Switch + carrying case + headset + two of Super Mario Odyssey / Zelda BOTW / Mario Kart 8 (those are the only Switch games Kohl's seems to carry, at least on their online store).

Super Mario Odyssey alone completely justifies a Switch purchase IMO. It's even better than it looks in Nintendo's promotional videos and is IMO the best game Nintendo has made since Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii (tough call between Galaxy and Odyssey for the better game). BOTW and Mario Kart 8 are also really high quality games worth picking up.

21 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Crap I forgot you're in Canada when I posted those deals

Haha. That's fine. Thanks for the help anyways. I've heard nothing but good things about Super Mario Odyssey, but do you think it's an okay milestone to really get into Mario for the first time? I've played through all of Super Mario Bros for the NES, but other than that, I'm a total newbie. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

7 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Haha. That's fine. Thanks for the help anyways. I've heard nothing but good things about Super Mario Odyssey, but do you think it's an okay milestone to really get into Mario for the first time? I've played through all of Super Mario Bros for the NES, but other than that, I'm a total newbie. 

Absolutely, Odyssey easily stands on its own. Though if you like Odyssey I highly recommend picking up a used Wii to play Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 also. Wii are easy to find for $30 used where I'm at, I can't imagine they'd be expensive in Vancouver.

Not to go off topic but I think it is a pretty bad time to buy a Switch given we have a new iteration on the way, unless you don't mind having the older hardware.

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Not to go off topic but I think it is a pretty bad time to buy a Switch given we have a new iteration on the way, unless you don't mind having the older hardware.

Where have you seen news about a new iteration on the way? I've only heard vague rumors, and they all point to a mid-late 2019 release date. It's Nintendo, after all.  

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I mean based on the rumors it seems a new iteration is on the way. I'm personally not about to buy a Switch when it is fairly likely we will see something new next year. I'm inclined to believe something is in the works so I will wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I mean based on the rumors it seems a new iteration is on the way. I'm personally not about to buy a Switch when it is fairly likely we will see something new next year. I'm inclined to believe something is in the works so I will wait and see. 

Something is evidently in the works. Again, it's Nintendo. They like to sit and develop products and games for a long time before sending them out. This thread was made because Black Friday is coming up, and there might be deals. 1 year is a long time to wait. 

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

6 hours ago, bellabichon said:

Something is evidently in the works. Again, it's Nintendo. They like to sit and develop products and games for a long time before sending them out. This thread was made because Black Friday is coming up, and there might be deals. 1 year is a long time to wait. 

Nintendo made a ton of revisions to the 3DS, including one that upped the cpu from a dual core to a quad core, so a new hardware revision won't be unprecedented. Of course we don't know if it's a more powerful Switch or perhaps a Switch mini that is just the portable machine without a dock. Both have been rumored. Or it could just be a slight revision with a better screen or better battery life.

It looks like the Black Friday bundle in the US is the Switch at full price but with a digital copy of Mario Kart 8 thrown in, so I imagine it'll be the same in Canada. Which isn't bad since Mario Kart 8 is a great game that runs $45 to $60 new in the US, depending on how thorough a shopper you are.

swmk8.jpg

On 11/7/2018 at 3:33 PM, bellabichon said:

Hey forum, just a quick post today,

I've been thinking about buying a Nintendo Switch pretty soon, and black Friday is coming up. Has anyone seen any predicted deals? I've done a bit of research but all I can find is speculation. Does anyone know anything?

Thanks in advance!

I just ran across this deal:

7 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I just ran across this deal:

Man, that looks like a really good deal. I'm not sure how you could get a switch, though? As far as I know, shopper's doesn't carry them.

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

On 11/8/2018 at 11:53 PM, bellabichon said:

I suppose you are right that one year is a long time to wait for most people. I guess for me, I'm more of a wait for better hardware type of guy. Plus, I have a gaming PC, both current gen consoles (X but only base PS4 but I'll get a Pro when the Last of Us 2 comes out), Vita, PSP, and a lot of systems from previous generations. So basically, I can live without another handheld until we get some revisions. I have so many other games to play.

But I guess if you really need a gaming device sooner rather than later and want to go the handheld route, buying the Switch this Black Friday isn't a bad choice.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, bellabichon said:

Man, that looks like a really good deal. I'm not sure how you could get a switch, though? As far as I know, shopper's doesn't carry them.

They seem to be advertising them. Today and tomorrow you get a $125 gift card with purchase of a Switch.