EK-Annihilator height?

42 minutes ago, potato_man said:

I just found a low profile water block for my next build from EKWB, but I can't seem to find the dimensions on their website (https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-annihilator). Could someone point me towards where I could find the dimensions for this product? Thanks.

You are aware that this block doesn't have a pump right? How do you intent on pumping the liquid through this thing (given your previous 20 mm thickness thread).

I could always mount the pump and rad to the back of the case.....but if water cooling isn't a very viable solution, would using an engine 17 to cool maybe an i7-8700 cause the chip to thermal throttle horribly?

20 minutes ago, potato_man said:

I believe you will easily be in the 90-100's degree even at full rpm, so yes, probably thermal throttling. This is based on the fact that a CryoRig C7 can only just keep the 8700 in the mid-80's, and the Engine 27 at full rpm is a 5-6 degrees worst than the C7, and the Engine 17 is presumably even worse than that. This is not even taking in the likely poor airflow design in your proposed setup. 

I think you need to seriously re-think these following points. At this point, to me you seem to be fixated on this idea of having a portable workstation, but perhaps tunnel visioned and losing track of what you are sacrificing by not just buying an ordinary laptop or actual mITX workstation.

- Why are you trying to DIY a laptop? What workload are you doing that requires hexa-core on-the-go 

- With a powerful CPU, battery life is not going to be great anyway, if you need a power-brick constantly, why not go with a mini-ITX system with a portable monitor instead? Better cooling, better performance.

- Is remote connection not an option? have a powerful normal desktop at home, and then use a low-power laptop to remotely login and do heavy lifting processes on the desktop instead.