Will the CPU cooler heat up the PSU?

justsomeguywithaquestion1

With the way my case is set up the psu and cpu would be oriented like how it is in the pic, is this fine? The CPU is an i5 6400 turbo-boosted to 3.3 ghz with a stock cooler and the PSU is a Seasonic M12II 520 Bronze. I can also place an 80mm or 92mm fan in the green space

fwerj;klhwdfghjkl.jpg

Yes, heat coming off the CPU cooler will always affect the other components, but not in such a way that it'll really do much in this case. However, is there no ventilation at the top of your case?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Yes, heat coming off the CPU cooler will always affect the other components, but not in such a way that it'll really do much in this case. However, is there no ventilation at the top of your case?

There isnt, I also forgot to mention that I can place an 80mm/92mm fan in the green spot

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Looking at the photo, my guess is its a top mounted PSU so probably poor/no top ventilation. Or its an HTPC style case and then hopefully the green is an exhaust. 

1 minute ago, justsomeguywithaquestion1 said:

There isnt, I also forgot to mention that I can place an 80mm/92mm fan in the green spot

an exhaust fan being there should help whisk away hot air.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 hours ago, justsomeguywithaquestion1 said:

so itll be fine if I just install a fan there to exhaust air?

Old PCs used to just have PSU as top/rear exhaust and it was enough for years and years. You are gonna be just fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv