OC Fan Speed Problem

Frostling
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
11 hours ago, Frostling said:

Actually, I don't care too much about the noise either way since I have a air conditioner running 24/7. I just want to actually know will it actually wear my components or not.  

Ofc it will. But fans are rated to run 100% all the time. If your fan has 5000h operating time, thats fan running 24/7 at full speed for 208 days. If fan runs at lower speeds, lifetime will be tad longer.

Only way to reduce lifetime would be overvolting it. Which you can't do with consumer mobos.

So, I recently overclocked my i7 8700k to 5 GHZ anyways. My idle is 32 C, my average on my  games (CSGO, GTA V etc) is 50-60 C, my max was 67. The only problem is my cpu fan speed is at 100%. Will staying 100% on my CPU fan wear my hardware in the long run, or no?

Your fans are fine and designed to run at 100% rpm. If it's too noisy, edit your fan curve.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

No. It's it's too noisy, edit your fan curve.

Actually, I don't care too much about the noise either way since I have a air conditioner running 24/7. I just want to actually know will it actually wear my components or not.  

4 minutes ago, Frostling said:

if your fan wears out early from running at 100%, you have bought a shitty fan.

11 hours ago, Frostling said:

Ofc it will. But fans are rated to run 100% all the time. If your fan has 5000h operating time, thats fan running 24/7 at full speed for 208 days. If fan runs at lower speeds, lifetime will be tad longer.

Only way to reduce lifetime would be overvolting it. Which you can't do with consumer mobos.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv