HDD not working properly

Mallowed

Hi there,

So i built a new pc like 3 weeks ago and everything has been fine up until these past few days, I have a kingston 250gb ssd as my main boot and a seagate baracuda 2TB hdd for my main storage but as of lately the hdd disk usage spikes instantly to 100% usage and i can get read or write speeds of anything above 1mb, also im not able to use anything on the drive. Would really be appreciated if someone can help me fix this issue.

My Pc specs:

CPU: I7 8700k

RAM 3000mhz DDR4 2x8gb

MOBO: Asus Z370 Prime A

Gpu EVGA GTX 1070   

PSU Corsair CX750M

MAIN Boot drive: KINGSTON 250GB SSD

Secondary Storage drive: 2TB HDD - Baracuda 7200rpm  

Capture.PNG

have you run diagnostic on the drive?

its possible that you have a fault so maybe return it.

also if the problem occurs around BO4 there have been 'teething' problem on pc as always with COD. 

if so does it have the same issues with other applications and what does it do when idle 

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Just now, Acid Panda said:

have you run diagnostic on the drive?

its possible that you have a fault so maybe return it.

also if the problem occurs around BO4 there have been 'teething' problem on pc as always with COD. 

if so does it have the same issues with other applications and what does it do when idle 

i tried to run diagnostic on the drive using the software from seagate and nothing would work properly, formatted my drive and and it was working fine when i installed the first thing to it but after that its just stopped working again, i have Bo4 on my ssd and it works fine without issues, when idling the drive its fine but even tring to copy files on the drive or to my ssd dont work properly 

4 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Procmon will show you what exactly is read/writte in realtime.

i cant even copy files to and from the drive its too slow, this is the highest it will go 

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, Mallowed said:

i tried to run diagnostic on the drive using the software from seagate and nothing would work properly, formatted my drive and and it was working fine when i installed the first thing to it but after that its just stopped working again, i have Bo4 on my ssd and it works fine without issues, when idling the drive its fine but even tring to copy files on the drive or to my ssd dont work properly 

ok so i would contact the customer service or whom ever you bough it from. and return it.

back up your files that you need and replace the ssd with a new one.

sometimes its quicker and less hassle to just replace it

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

1 minute ago, Acid Panda said:

ok so i would contact the customer service or whom ever you bough it from. and return it.

back up your files that you need and replace the ssd with a new one.

sometimes its quicker and less hassle to just replace it

I have no issues with the ssd its the HDD, i thought it could be an issue with it being faulty, and their is nothing in it worth backing up.

thank you for your help though 

1 minute ago, Mallowed said:

I have no issues with the ssd its the HDD, i thought it could be an issue with it being faulty, and their is nothing in it worth backing up.

thank you for your help though 

hdd my apologies. yeh so if there is noting worth saving send it back 

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

yeah i only live 5 mins away from the store, will return it tomorrow because its almost 12am here in the uk