EA Origin not letting me go online

Go to solution Solved by howlingmsman,

my PC wasn't tracking time correctly i had to download a 3rd party application to track my time and that fixed because origin thought i wasn't running on the latest patch

I just moved into a college and i had to register all of my devices when i was doing so i messed with my IP adress and now it won't let me go online on Origin I have tried to get a new IP adress but it won't let me? 

does it say "online login is currently unavailable", even though you can access the internet via any browser without a problem?

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

ya it does

You have to quote someone so they see your reply

You have to quote someone so they see your reply

does it say "online login is currently unavailable", even though you can access the internet via any browser without a problem?

haha thanks i didn't know that

ya thats exactly whats happening

haha thanks i didn't know that

open internet explorer, click on the little gear in the top right, go to internet options (or sth like that, second from the bottom), go to connections tab. if there is a vpn/dial up connection, delete it.

then restart origin.

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

open internet explorer, click on the little gear in the top right, go to internet options (or sth like that, second from the bottom), go to connections tab. if there is a vpn/dial up connection, delete it.

then restart origin.

there weren't any

there weren't any

ok then, in the same tab, click on lan settings and untick "use proxyserver for lan"

then restart origin.

ok then, in the same tab, click on lan settings and untick "use proxyserver for lan"

then restart origin.

that didn't work it wasn't checked to begin with?

then restart origin.

any other ideasz

ya i tried that

Contact their support? Post on their forums?

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Contact their support? Post on their forums?

I have chatted with there tech support no could solve my problem

You could get on before you messed around with your IP? The college could have blocked Origin? :P 

You could get on before you messed around with your IP? The college could have blocked Origin? :P

ya but I'm on the same network on my laptop and I can log in on it and my roommate can login on his pc too

I have chatted with there tech support no could solve my problem

Do this. Open up a command prompt as admin (start -> search -> type cmd -> right click command prompt - run as admin -> in cmd type netsh winsock reset) then restart your computer, see if that works.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

• 1 month later...

my PC wasn't tracking time correctly i had to download a 3rd party application to track my time and that fixed because origin thought i wasn't running on the latest patch

• 8 months later...

How do you download a 3rd party, and what 3rd party should be downloaded?