Why is it so hard to find new old socket motherboards?

1 minute ago, GamerMan said:

It is especially for x58 motherboards that are from China.  

Chinese motherboards don't have the best reputation to me lol

2 minutes ago, Lil Ramen said:

Well the reason I'd be using $40 of CPU is budget. Just the other night I ordered a R7 250 for $26 and that'll go into my project PC along with a 500 GB I ordered for $13. Already I have a SFF case, I3 2120, 4 GB RAM and the motherboard but that's all OEM. The next part that I am saving up for is a logysis case I found for $35/$40 that comes with a 480w PSU. If the mobo and CPU dont work which I kinda doubt they will at this point (2 years sitting around being tinkered with to run) I want a backup plan. The case is Micro ATX so I wanted a high end 775 as my back up. 

I have a 775 rig! I'm running a Quad 9550 with a GTX 660Ti. It runs really well with my 128GB SSD.

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Just now, GamerMan said:

I have a 775 rig! I'm running a Quad 9550 with a GTX 660Ti. It runs really well with my 128GB SSD.

I had an OEM C2Q9550 from an Optiplex 960 that had 8 GB DDR2. Only problem was that it didn't work.... at all. So I took it into my internship before the summer and showed about 5 kids how to build a PC and identify all the parts, I forgot it there when my dad picked me up that day and haven't asked my old boss for it back. From it I also lost an ATI X700 Pro and a 500 GB HDD. I might text her later today and see if she still has it in the back warehouse. It wasn't working and I got the system nonworking from my mom's friend who works in I.T.

I know the feeling looking for a 1155 board (preferibly Z77) for my i5-2500k, I'll most likely be going for a Ryzen system instead.

1 minute ago, Lord Letto said:

I know the feeling looking for a 1155 board (preferibly Z77) for my i5-2500k, I'll most likely be going for a Ryzen system instead.

Yeah AM4 mobos start at about $35 now, along with an APU like an A10 or the 200GE you can get a decent CPU Mobo combo for less than $100

1 hour ago, Lil Ramen said:

Yeah AM4 mobos start at about $35 now, along with an APU like an A10 or the 200GE you can get a decent CPU Mobo combo for less than $100

I'm thinking $100 Canadian for a R3 1200 or 2200G & a B350, B450 or maybe a mITX X370 or if i'm really lucky (mainly if it's still available & I can get a ride) a X470 for $100 Canadian, so a R3 & decent Mobo for $200 Canadian, then all I'd need is DDR4 RAM & a PSU for $30 to $120 Canadian.