Hi! I'm looking for a gaming laptop cooling pad!

KaizTheMonster

I'm currently using a GL502VMK

The problem with this laptop is the heatsink blows straight into the back of the monitor causing heat being trapped.

I tried to lift my laptop up but it didn't help much. currently maxed out the fans and undervolted everything.

I don't really care about noise because i'll be using headphones

I'm looking for one under 40$.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!!

Most cooling pads I have used do not really work that well. Those laptops get pretty hot anyways and there is not much you can do to fix that. Well, other than putting new thermal paste or do the scary thing and use liquid metal. Other than that you may have to live with it. 

If the laptop is a year or two old you may want to open it and clean the heat sinks out. They may be plugged. 

Though for your purpose the cooling pad may work. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

21 hours ago, KaizTheMonster said:

reviews are kinda mixed do you have any experience with this?

Yeah I'm using it right now. The built in fans are not super great, but add some 120mm fans and a power supply and you can get a lot of cooling out of it. A less hacky way to boost the cooling output is to also just buy some 80mm or 120mm usb powered fans. I've used this cooler with some usb fans from AC Infinity and it was pretty effective.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

cooling pads dont really do anything and wont improve performance really.

best thing you can do though is just put a bunch of nickels and quarters under your laptop and use them as a heatsink

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage