Grado SR125E Headphones Review

14 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

If you are looking for feedback on this, you probably don’t want to hear from me. Because I’m about to shit all over everything you just said. But I won’t be that mean. Let’s just say hop off the Grado marketing BS that means nothing and these are very poorly built headphones that suck.

I love how you went on to saying that, and then went STRAIGHT into said you wouldn't do...

Literally right after you said that you started a rant...

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

I was just pointing it out...

And one point you would of picked Blackberry over any other phone also.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

And one point you would of picked Blackberry over any other phone also.

Actually... I think I still would lolz

I have a motorola razer and a palm tx  lmao

I'm planning to replace my motorola for a blackberry.

My current code projects

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

• working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

However, I don't want to start a major argument about the best headphones to get at this price point or why the grados are shit. Quite frankly If you enjoy your music that's good. If I do, well that's good obviously. Let's leave it at that. You consider the grados shit and uhhh well I consider them quite the opposite. 

Can we leave it at that?

My current code projects

Current repair projects

6 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

However, I don't want to start a major argument about the best headphones to get at this price point or why the grados are shit. Quite frankly If you enjoy your music that's good. If I do, well that's good obviously. Let's leave it at that. You consider the grados shit and uhhh well I consider them quite the opposite. 

Can we leave it at that?

Yes, my bigger problem was just all the marketing BS you were saying about the plastic, and magnets, and copper coils.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes, my bigger problem was just all the marketing BS you were saying about the plastic, and magnets, and copper coils.

I'm alot more experienced in speakers because I actually made one and worked for a company making some called Infinity. I never took part of any of there flagships but I have a review on the IRS V Loudspeakers that they made which I tagged you on because I wanted your feedback.

Also, I don't care what you say. In terms of cartridges ( on turntables ) grado makes the best. Period. Its as simple as that. No company to ever exist will make even remotely better cartridges then the Grado Labs. I still have there most expensive cartridge ( I didn't buy it, I made a really nice review on one of there statement series and I was also friends with Mr.Grado himself when I was in New York for a couple months on a audio rampage involving conventions with mostly speakers'n shit. ) And I haven't yet opened the box to it when I received it years ago. I'm planning to put it on my air bearing tonearm and on my Sound Engineering SE-1. Still, Grado made a very high standard with there cartridges and arguably that standard still should be met.  

My current code projects

Current repair projects

And yes, for fucks sake I still use turntables. I know I'm changing the subject but alot of people consider the best audio format reel to reel and yes partially that's true assuming your adding the reel to reel MASTER TAPES into the equation otherwise the best is vinyl's and that's why I'm using them instead of cd's or cassetes or digital. Besides, the Master Tapes are expensive af. Sometimes the master tapes can be equivalent to a LP or vinyl but only on certain occasions and typically those that are, are well heh very, very, very expensive and rare are usually its because they are recorded straight from the master tapes on tube hardware which is also really expensive and there only recorded from the finest LPs to make the illusion.

My current code projects

Current repair projects

Here’s my 2 cents on Grado:

I used to own the Grado SR60i. I would 100% buy them again if it weren’t for the god awful wire that’s way too long and weighs a tonne. My Grado eventually died because the wire flared as the earcups spun around a lot. And then the drivers started to rattle. 

Yes, they sound a little bit thin and dry. It’s like the feeling of being inside an airplane. But they make classic rock and grunge music sound so warm and fuzzy. They’re definitely not the best sounding or most versatile headphones. But to me, owning multiple headphones is about having different experiences. Why buy a different headphone if it sounds exactly the same as the headphones you already have?

It’s just a hard sell for me though. Because that wire is like a dog turd on an otherwise delicious cake. Give me a Grado with a removable wire for $100 and I would buy 10.