how to open .epub files on Windows 10?

Ashleyyyy

i'm trying to open a .epub file on Windows 10. i tried a bunch of apps that say they can open that kidn of file, but none have worked. 

She/Her

9 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i'm trying to open a .epub file on Windows 10. i tried a bunch of apps that say they can open that kidn of file, but none have worked. 

You can find special ebub readers on internet - working ones. I don't know why you can't find one that works.

Or you can change extension to zip and just browse it. :) If I good remember it's just container with jpeg files, xhtml files etc. inside.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

You can find special ebub readers on internet - working ones.

Or you can change extension to zip and just browse it. :) If I good remember it's just container with jpeg files inside.

Windows already sees them as folders without renaming them. i tried a whole bunch of those apps but they don't detect the files because it sees them as folders. 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

Windows already sees them as folders without renaming them. i tried a whole bunch of those apps but they don't detect the files because it sees them as folders. 

xhtml you can open with any browser, jpeg with any image viewer. But maybe it's some broken epub file.

Edge can and should open your pubs automatically. (assuming there is no protection on the file (unless it was acquired from Microsoft Store app) and is properly formed)

Edge is the default epub and PDF reader in Windows 10.

Here is a free sample epub (public domain) that should work for testing:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pressbooks-samplefiles/MetamorphosisJacksonTheme/Metamorphosis-jackson.epub

21 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Edge can and should open your pubs automatically. (assuming there is no protection on the file (unless it was acquired from Microsoft Store app) and is properly formed)

Edge is the default epub and PDF reader in Windows 10.

Here is a free sample epub (public domain) that should work for testing:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pressbooks-samplefiles/MetamorphosisJacksonTheme/Metamorphosis-jackson.epub

didn't work

21 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

Adobe Digital Edition

also didn't work

She/Her

Have you tried Calibre? You may need plugin to "remove" drm if you've got it from some store with lots of locked files. Another option is Bluefire reader. But if that and Adobe Digital Editions aren't working, it's fair to ask where did you get that file from.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv