What's your phones home screen?

bradscoolio

plain dark grey background because of super amoled battery saving... I'm weird about batteries i hate seeing it low

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

2014-01-03%2016.09.47.png

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

This is mine (add apps to understand my homescreen).

Ventus_and_Vanitas_Awakening_by_thylings

It's set up perfectly with my 3 screens so that the left screen only shows Vanitas (the guy with black hair in black armor on the red side) and the right screen shows Ventus (The blonde haired kid on the green side). 

I love it. The "default theme" for everything I own is Kingdom Hearts related. Chrome. My Desktop background. Etc etc.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would share, but my phone's upstairs and I have my dog lying on me, plus I am just plain lazy right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently spent some time sorting my phone out after switching from iOS to Android 

My Home: 

NbUng0P.png

And lock screen: 

Vkqu0cx.png

I'm also working on this so that I have another home screen for when I get bored of my current one

mMfYXTe.png

the only thing i can change are the lock screen pictures and the colors of the tiles and my lockscreen are just a bunch of bullets 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

tw5 is not bad but im sure im not gonna use it after cm11 on i9190 is bit more stable

till then:

inqBGoB.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I recently spent some time sorting my phone out after switching from iOS to Android 

My Home: 

NbUng0P.png

And lock screen: 

Vkqu0cx.png

I'm also working on this so that I have another home screen for when I get bored of my current one

mMfYXTe.png

Kawaii-desu

I intend to do something similar (albeit different characters) later. I like the clean look.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm using Nova Launcher w/ lots of UCCW-s.Also,amazing scrolling effect.

post-35423-0-22076300-1391624899_thumb.p

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I like keeping my homescreen nice and simple.

2jchj74.png

This is SlimKat 4.4 on a GS4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this becomes a pinned thread or something where people can share their favorite apps, widgets etc.. as well as their phone homescreens

Finally got a smartphone after years of flip phoning. Here's my config:

-After trying a dozen different launchers yesterday, I decided to go with "epic launcher". I love the fact that you can make it hide the notification bar so your homescreen looks a lot cleaner. With that launcher I also set it up so that when I swipe to the right from my homescreen, it opens google now. Then I can just say "ok google" and commanding it to open apps, search stuff etc.. It's much easier (don't have to drag my finger all across to the top of the huge screen) and doesn't take up space in the way the permanent search bar does. Google now is truly amazing. I didn't think I would use it so much, but it saves me a lot of time typing URLs and doing so many other things. 

-My second favorite launcher is smart launcher, and IMO it's the most efficient launcher by far because it puts everything in the middle of the screen where you don't have to drag your fingers across, and it's just fantastic overall. However I decided against using it because the icons for some of my favorite apps were not in the launcher and it irked me. But I highly recommend you try it. 

-For the clock widget that also displays weather and battery, I used transparent weather clock It's highly customizable down to the clock font and the weather icon look etc... This was also my favorite after trying half a dozen weather and clock widgets

YgcWVPb.png

Here are some of my absolute favorite apps (I didn't include really well known ones such as tunein radio, splashtop, swiftkey etc..) :

-gravity screen remember how linus raved about htc's automatic sleep feature when you turn your phone screen down? Well basically this is like that but on steroids. It will turn your phone off when you slide it in your pocket and on when you take it out. It works 100% of the time and it's super duper highly recommended. If you don't have a watch now you'll be able to just slide your phone out for a split second and slide it back in.  

-slidelock After trying many different things, this was the best way to replace the disgusting samsung touchwiz lockscreen. It's simple (slide right to unlock, slide left to open camera), looks nice and shows your notifications in a clean manner. A great replacement if you have an abominable ui homescreen.

-All in one toolbox: Pretty self explanatory. Has a ton of different tools for your phone

-Snapdragon battery guru: it will optimize your battery life by learning your habits. Won't do anything for the first couple of days (while it learns your habits), but is supremely useful after that. 

-Line whoscall great app to identify caller or sms IDs and block unwanted calls or SMS. Great if you want to avoid annoying people who mistakenly call your number and all that. Way better than truecaller.

-OG Downloader (thanks to a guy on LTT for recommending it to me). You can't download it in the play store because it's against youtube TOS, but this app allows you to download youtube videos for offline use. 

-BaconReader: best reddit app

-Sensor sense: Gives you readings on all of your phone's sensors. Really cool as it gives you atmospheric pressure, amount of light in lux, altitude, linear acceleration, gravity, gyroscope (you could use this to make sure your poster is straight instead of using another app) as well as battery temperature among others. 

-Google voice. Might be obvious for some of you, but it's great to be able to text and call for free anywhere within the US and make your own custom number (for example I got an easy to remember phone number that spells my name using the keypad)

Also useful if you don't want to divulge your real private phone number when selling and buying to strangers through craigslist. Only thing it's missing is MMS, but fortunately you'll still get the image sent through MMS in your email. It also allows you to have one phone number that encompasses all phone numbers. That means that even if you have 5 phones they will all get routed to google voice.

-Google wallet:  Safe, simple and cool. Now you can pay with your phone and easily manage your balance and all that. Basically like paypal but with NFC so you can use it at your local mcdonald's or starbucks. Also no fees involved unlike paypal as far as I'm aware.

PS: I'm still trying out different music players to see which one I like most. Oh and also, remember to resize your screenshots because with 1080p phones these days, the picture will take up way too much space. I just use paint to resize to 50% original size. 

first link is locked. Second one is just homescreens. Third one hasn't been active in a long while. Fourth one hasn't been active in months. Fourth one people aren't really stating their reasons for liking the app :P I guess i'm combining the two and doing thorough explanations so it's different. 

first link is locked. Second one is just homescreens. Third one hasn't been active in a long while. Fourth one hasn't been active in months. Fourth one people aren't really stating their reasons for liking the app :P I guess i'm combining the two and doing thorough explanations so it's different. 

Just because it hasn't been active doesn't mean you can repost it. :P

or does it? :o

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Just because it hasn't been active doesn't mean you can repost it. :P

or does it? :o

If it's not in the first page of the subsection it's pretty much pointless to post in it because nobody will see your post.. or at least that's how I justify it. 

After all the "what's your wallpaper" thread is pinned so I think this type of thread for smartphones should be pinned too. 

If it's not in the first page of the subsection it's pretty much pointless to post in it because nobody will see your post.. or at least that's how I justify it. 

After all the "what's your wallpaper" thread is pinned so I think this type of thread for smartphones should be pinned too. 

I see your point, but as soon as you post in a thread, it gets on the main page again.

I think there should be a rule, if the post is like 3 months old, it should be allowed to repost it. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"