Is there a way to EXPAND storage for my iPad for apps?????

WolfLoverPro

This ipad is stupid it has no storage and I have literally 6 apps 

is there any device that can expand storage FOR APPS NOT THE PHOTO usb things I need it for apps real storage 

if it helps I’m jail broken  too 

You can get Apple Cloud and move your pictures/videos and content there. But you'll need internet connection.

Else you'll need to swap the memory chip as pointing in the video by VegetableStu. While it is an iPhone, the iPad is pretty much the same thing.. just larger screen, battery, and no "phone" parts

37 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

sorry.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I like that Android can shift app location to the SD card. It's just that iOS doesn't allow for apps to be run from an external device.

Ok that’s without jailbreak.... however becuase I’m jailborjen it should be able to do everything android does....... like file browsing and stuff idk?

48 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah you're better off asking a jailbreak forum. google keeps giving results for using the iPhone as a USB drive .-.

Guess I’ll hqve to maybe upgrade my iPad 

Well shit I’ve just found a thing why shouldn’t  choose apple lol

im surpised they ain’t made a £500 storage usb that can actually like add real storage for apps XDD

22 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Guess I’ll hqve to maybe upgrade my iPad 

Well shit I’ve just found a thing why shouldn’t  choose apple lol

im surpised they ain’t made a £500 storage usb that can actually like add real storage for apps XDD

Not really, and you don't have much a choice:

1. They are many Android tablets without any expandable memory, in any case. So you would have fallen to the same situation (tehn again the device might be cheaper and allow you to get a model with more storage)

2. Android tablets are pretty much dead. Very few manufacture updates them, support is week  as well, as sales are very low. Android is not a good tablet OS. That is also why Google has ChromeOS which is laptop focused and slowly improving tablet usage. I think in the grand scheme of things, Android will stick to tradition smart phones, and the rest will be ChromeOS for the company.

Your best bet is a Windows 10 device that is in a tablet form factor, like the Surface Go. But of course the OS, currently, still, isn't very tablet friendly in terms of GUI. It's usable, it works, but not iOS great. Microsoft has yet to improve anything significant since Windows 10 was released on that regard, despite the strong sells of Surface line systems and other OEM convertible devices and a growing number of laptops with a touchscreen.

On 14.9.2018 at 3:17 PM, VegetableStu said:

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I like that Android can shift app location to the SD card. It's just that iOS doesn't allow for apps to be run from an external device.

Actually, this is a wrong statement. You can NOT shift app location to the SD Card. That was maybe a thing at Android 2.x times, or maybe 4.0 still, but then it stopped.

What you can shift to SD Card are stuff like App-Data or App-Cache (where your login info is saved etc). The huge App itself will remain on the internal storage.

Sometimes, you can't even really do that, because the App won't work that good anymore, because they can't use the SD Card. Whatsapp for example can NOT use the sd card at all.

Even on Android, internal storage can NOT be replaced except of more internal storage.

SD Card is fine for media files~ Or Offline-downloaded Spotify songs. But that's it basicly.

Again: It is NOT possible to move Apps to an SD Card on any modern Android device (anymore).

At least on my last 2-3 devices or so it wasn't possible anymore (and i remember back then, you needed Root for that) because anything android-system-intern got changed..

Maybe apps not beeing that compatible with different locations or something like that.

But when i tried moving a bigger App to SD Card, just a few mb got moved (app cache etc), the App itself was still on internal.

despite every modern Android version has this option in App-settings :/

Or, it said "app on external storage"; but less size was free'd up on internal..

Or maybe it doesn't work with all kind of apps.

At least, i just tried it with 9gag (160-180 mb right now).

I moved it to External storage, and checked how much mb i have free space on my Internal storage.

And moved it back to internal. Free space didn't change at all :/