Which 27inch 1080p Monitor Should i buy ?

xXxSourcexXx
Go to solution Solved by JZStudios,

I'd really recommend... not.. if at all possible. 1080 for anything other than 24" gets pretty pixelated. But otherwise, the cheapest IPS display you can find would work. The different HDMI standard makes absolutely zero difference at 1080.

Hey Monitor experts i would love your help:

A client of mine wants to buy a 27 inch monitor for himself (i am a computer tech) and asked for my help, i need to choose between this 3 monitors , and i am still wondering which one will be best suited for his needs , these are the models of the monitors :

1) Dell SE2717H 27'' LED IPS

2) LG 27MP58VQ-P 27'' LED IPS

3) Lenovo L27i-28 27 Inch LED IPS

A couple of notes which might help you :

1) He won't be gaming on this monitor

2) He needs the monitor to surf in the net and watch 1080p movies (4K are not a thing yet in Israel , because of our bandwidth issue)...

3) i want to buy a budget oriented monitor for him...

For me personally the winner is LG 27MP58VQ-P 27'' LED IPS

because it's the only monitor that has HDMI 2.0 , although it doesn't support FreeSync like i said he is not a gamer , and if he will upgrade his monitor in the future with this kind of connection it will work smoothly with his new graphics card , not to mentions that he has a 5ms response time (which is not bad at all)...

and what do you think ?

Thanks for your help...

AMD Ryzen 2600 / Asus Prime B-350 Plus / Asus Xonar Essence STX / 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHZ / Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB / Corsair DX850W / 250 GB 850 Evo SSD + 3TB (In Various Hard Drives) / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Abyssus Essential / Cooler Master HEF 932 

1 hour ago, xXxSourcexXx said:

Why would you need HDMI 2.0 in a 1080p monitor?

Just get the cheapest decent 27" IPS display?

Or just have him buy one of the TCL 4k TVs with a soundbar.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Why would you need HDMI 2.0 in a 1080p monitor?

Just get the cheapest decent 27" IPS display?

Or just have him buy one of the TCL 4k TVs with a soundbar.

The HDMI 2,0 port is actually built in the monitor , the other models have HDMI 1.4...

AMD Ryzen 2600 / Asus Prime B-350 Plus / Asus Xonar Essence STX / 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHZ / Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB / Corsair DX850W / 250 GB 850 Evo SSD + 3TB (In Various Hard Drives) / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Abyssus Essential / Cooler Master HEF 932 

1 minute ago, xXxSourcexXx said:

The HDMI 2,0 port is actually built in the monitor , the other models have HDMI 1.4...

HDMI 2.0 is useless on a 1080p monitor...if it claims HDR that's probably BS marketing anyways.

HDMI 2.0 is only required for proper 4k 60hz 4:4:4 chroma or w/e

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'd really recommend... not.. if at all possible. 1080 for anything other than 24" gets pretty pixelated. But otherwise, the cheapest IPS display you can find would work. The different HDMI standard makes absolutely zero difference at 1080.

#Muricaparrotgang