Deciding on which GPU to upgrade to

Hello, fairly new to the forum so apologies if I misplace this kind of post on the wrong section of the forum, but I have been pretty confused in which GPU I should upgrade on from here...

Currently I'm trying to decide between the GTX 1060 6GB, GTX 1070, and possibly GTX 1070 Ti.. I don't know if the 1070 Ti will be held back by my CPU which is the i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz. My aim is to go for a GPU that I could hold on to for a very long time (around 2 to 3 years), and can run higher taxing games at max or high settings with a factor for streaming.

At the moment I have a GTX 1050 Ti and for comparison, I run Monster Hunter World (optimization issues aside) at low settings to hit a semi-consistent 60 fps. Another would be Final Fantasy XIV at medium-high settings to hit the consistent 60 fps mark. I'm looking to have both these games and games of this caliber be run at 60 fps constantly at high/max. 

Granted GPU is not the only factor for this, but i'm focusing on upgrading that part first as I've been told it's the weakest part that I have right now.

I'd also prefer Nvidia, but it's mostly due to familiarity and I'm not opposed to looking for Radeon cards as well but I have no knowledge of those nor do I know if I could support it.

Also budget-wise I'd prefer it to not be at the price of the GTX 1070 Ti, which is also a reason why I'm not decided on that card.

For clarity, I have:
CPU: Intel i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz

Motherboard: MSI B250M-PRO VDH, LGA 1151

Memory: 2x8 GB DDR4-2400

SSD Boot Drive with HDD Storage

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

650W BQ 80+ Bronze Power Supply

It's rumoured new NVIDIA cards will release in 3 days. Actually, it's near certain, since their new naming scheme trademarks have already been trademarked.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, LienusLateTips said:

It's rumoured new NVIDIA cards will release in 3 days. Actually, it's near certain, since their new naming scheme trademarks have already been trademarked.

Is it going to be around the price of the 1070 Ti (or 1080)? Budget-wise I'd like it to not reach any higher than what the 1070 Ti currently is at but if it's not far from the price of a 1080, then I think it's something to consider..

Once that Geforce 2080 or whatever they call it is released (next week?) the 1080s may lower, the problem is people using them for bitcoin... That's what has been keeping the costs up...