Wifi issue

Meyer5057

Hi, 

So I am having issues with my wifi, this is nothing new. My sister likes to play games and she sometimes want me to install minecraft mods for her. At times, there would be malware afterwards, and using Malwarebytes, I would find the name to relate to something changing internet speeds. It would knock my usual 100+ up and down speeds to speeds of around 10, even 2 at times. Now this time, it's happening again, except, Malwarebytes is not detecting anything, which has not been the case this past summer - I always was able to get rid of malware with Malwarebytes. I can even see that the malware is there - I look at the internet (ethernet to be specific) connection and I see it to a network name that was used maybe 3 years ago and isn't running today. 
How can I fix this? 

Do you have any other computers running on the same network? Also, check your internet adapter settings under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and see if there is anything you don't recognise.

- My Specs -
CPU: AMD FX8350 Black Edition

GPU: Nvidia/EVGA 1050ti
Ram: 8gb Patriot (2x4 1600mhz)
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Red w/ Blues
Mouse: Logitech G700s

17 minutes ago, Meyer5057 said:

How can I fix this?

By not installing Minecraft mods from shady sites that infect the PC. I would test the connection from other devices / PC's in the house, both on wired connections and over wireless from both the 2.4G and 5G networks. This will rule out the connection / modem / router itself being the problem, and help narrow things down to being only this PC.

If you narrow it down to being just this PC and MBAM isn't detecting any malware, the next steps would be to nuke and reinstall Windows, because this will be faster than playing cat and mouse to find out what settings have been altered / affected causing the slowdowns. Sounds dumb, but honestly, this is what most PC technicians do, unless their client has an unlimited budget for unlimited troubleshooting time.

If I have no way of knowing what's been done to a computer prior to my hands touching it, I'll take a quick look to see if anything obvious stands out, but usually end up reinstalling Windows if it's some weird issue and I see nothing wrong with the computer during a quick once-over because again, most clients would rather pay a flat rate to backup and reinstall Windows than my hourly rate to troubleshoot something I might end up having to do a reinstall of Windows to fix anyway.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Honestly, I stopped reading once you said you were constantly installing malware.  For heavens sake stop installing from dodgy sites, there are PLENTY of Minecraft mods from popular trusted sites.

I would definitely do a clean install, only way to be sure something isn't lurking.  I mean goodness knows what potentially dodgy things your PC could have been doing.  You DO realise that if that PC does anything illegal due to malware that the person paying for the broadband will be legally responsible, right?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7