Err:65 http://ppa.launchpad.net/gnome-terminator/ppa/ubuntu bionic Release 404 Not Found

Go to solution Solved by jj9987,
9 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Could it be that because I am using 18.04 and a lot of repos haven't been updated to match with the latest release? 

Yes. That's what I have been saying.

Got this error message and it is stopping me from getting conky as well as other software....

What should I do to get rid of it?? 

Err:65 http://ppa.launchpad.net/gnome-terminator/ppa/ubuntu bionic Release     
  404  Not Found 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

You could... use Manjaro instead.

j/k. What release are you on?

Oops, either you edited or I didn't read correctly lol.

Gnome-Terminator is not available for bionic (aka Ubuntu 18.04), it is not made available in it's dists folder.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

6 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Gnome-Terminator is not available for bionic (aka Ubuntu 18.04), it is not made available in it's dists folder.

yesterday I deleted app terminator from my system and I deleted all the related dependencies,,, does it have something to do with this error? 

if i reinstall terminator can I get rid of the error? 

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

yesterday I deleted app terminator from my system and I deleted all the related dependencies,,, does it have something to do with this error? 

if i reinstall terminator can I get rid of the error? 

It's a 404 error, meaning it can not find the data you asked for on the internet. It's simply not available in that repository for that version of Ubuntu. It's the server saying that.

Either you configure another repository, which has that application or you need to find another way to install it (for example, compiling it yourself or finding pre-compiled binary).

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

8 hours ago, jj9987 said:

It's a 404 error, meaning it can not find the data you asked for on the internet. It's simply not available in that repository for that version of Ubuntu. It's the server saying that.

Either you configure another repository, which has that application or you need to find another way to install it (for example, compiling it yourself or finding pre-compiled binary).

Could it be that because I am using 18.04 and a lot of repos haven't been updated to match with the latest release? 

if you deleted that software you could delete the repository... 

if you do this for software you are still using you won't get updates anymore. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

if you deleted that software you could delete the repository... 

if you do this for software you are still using you won't get updates anymore. 

I did not delete any repo that is related to the app I am using right now.

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I did not delete any repo that is related to the app I am using right now.

no i mean you can delete it if you don't use the app. then that error goes away. 

She/Her

16 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

no i mean you can delete it if you don't use the app. then that error goes away. 

I think that I have already deleted terminator... why the error still popping up??

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

I think that I have already deleted terminator... why the error still popping up??

you need to delete the app and repository separately. 

to delete, open up "software and updates", go to other software and uncheck the repository for terminator.

again, don't do this for apps you still use, because then you won't get updates. 

She/Her

if you want to get rid of it for good, select the repository and click remove. the advantage of unchecking it is that re-enabling it is very easy in case you want to install the app again. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

if you want to get rid of it for good, select the repository and click remove. the advantage of unchecking it is that re-enabling it is very easy in case you want to install the app again. 

every repo listed in the pic is useful. 

I have apps that are related to those repo. 

so my question is, which one should I tick/select?? screenshot.png.ac81c2844d81dde7d88c266d85e42011.png 

did you uncheck all of them? re-check like it was until you messed with it... 

also, something's going on because the terminator repository isn't listed there but it should be, it's a ppa...

She/Her

i don't know. it should have been listed there. weird.. 

but yeah re-check all the stuff you unchecked... i told you not to mess with repository's for apps you are still using...

She/Her

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

did you uncheck all of them? re-check like it was until you messed with it... 

also, something's going on because the terminator repository isn't listed there but it should be, it's a ppa...

I just deleted those terminator ppa... how do I get it back?  ;x 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

I just deleted those terminator ppa... how do I get it back?  ;x 

why do you want it back? you'll get the error again... 

and why is the repository for google chrome unchecked? 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

why do you want it back? you'll get the error again... 

and why is the repository for google chrome unchecked? 

kk gonna check that again and try to make it the way it used to be... 

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

kk gonna check that again and try to make it the way it used to be... 

yep. 

btw you said you deleted terminator, keeping the repository is only useful if you want to install it again in the future. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

yep. 

btw you said you deleted terminator, keeping the repository is only useful if you want to install it again in the future. 

i see. thanks !!!!

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

no problem :) 

make sure to re enable the repositories you need, or else stuff will get out of date quickly. 

see the pic I posted above, you think I should select the (source code) one too???? 

19 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

see the pic I posted above, you think I should select the (source code) one too???? 

i'm not sure. on mine the source code one's aren't selected so...

remember i'm not an expert. i've just been a Linux user for a few years... 

She/Her

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

i'm not sure. on mine the source code one's aren't selected so...

remember i'm not an expert. i've just been a Linux user for a few years... 

yeah just double check mine arent selected either. 

9 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Yes. That's what I have been saying.