OH NO, WILL IT ALL FIT?? IDEAS?

Hey there,

I am currently in the process of gathering parts for a rebuild with custom water loop, that I want to do in the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X coming out soon. I have bought most everything I need aside from a few fittings, and the realization just hit me that not everything may fit in that case... I had tried to eyeball everything before buying but I think my res/pump combo might be a bit too large. The list of parts is below:

CPU Block: AlphaCool Eisblock

GPU Block: Phanteks Glacier Strix 1080Ti

280 Rad (Top): Hardware Labs 280 Black Ice GTS Nemesis X Flow low-pro Rad

420 Rad (Front): Hardware Labs 420 Black Ice GTS Nemesis X Flow low-pro Rad

Front Fans: 3 Noctua NF-P14

Top Fans: 2 Corsair LL140

Reservoir: 200mL Singularity Computers Protium

Pump/Block: AquaComputer D5 Pump w/ Singularity computers D5 Pump top and D5 Pump Cover

Res/Pump Mount: Singularity Computers Ethereal Res Mounts (2) w/ 140 rad brackets

Tubing: Bitspower 10ID/12OD PETG

Fittings: Bitspower Matte Black Series compression fittings...etc.

I think that is everything that is relevant to this question. But I think the res is going to be too tall to fit with the pump attached on the bottom, above the PSU shroud. I think the only options are as follows:

1.) Sell my brand new res to someone on this site, and buy the smallest Protium res that they make 100 or 150ml I think.

2.) Cut a hole in the PSU shroud of the case to accommodate the height of the pump/res combo

3.) Choose a new case :(

4.) Vertical mount the GPU, then drill custom holes in PSU shroud to mount res brackets, and mount res/pump horizontally behind the GPU

Any thoughts or ideas? In terms of height, my pump/res combo will be about the same size as JayzTwoCent's most recent build in the InWin D-Frame, as I used pretty much the same parts.

General nerd and I work in corporate finance. Happy to help!

12 hours ago, wpowell13 said:

-SNIP-

Looks like you should have enough room with thin rads in the front the case does visually have a lot of space between the board and the front. As for height this should be a good reference. 

Protium - 200mm - Silver Acetyl

Specifications:
D5 Pump & Reservoir Combos (Full assembly):
100mm = 230mm
150mm = 280mm
200mm = 330mm
250mm = 380mm
300mm = 430mm
350mm = 480mm

• 1 month later...

The Black Ice 420 is too wide for the Evolve X. I made the same mistake. The PSU shroud is not wide enough

On 9/16/2018 at 12:08 PM, Bites said:

The Black Ice 420 is too wide for the Evolve X. I made the same mistake. The PSU shroud is not wide enough

Oh no... Have you tried installing in the actual case or are you just going off of specs online? Is there any way to mod the shroud to make it work?

General nerd and I work in corporate finance. Happy to help!