Blu-Ray on PC

Matcom1300

Hey, guys, I have a Blu-Ray external disk drive, and my computer doesn't have software to run Blu-ray, anyone knows a good program. I don't need fancy but i don't mind paying like 5$ cad for a program

Leawo Bluray Player, it's FREE and it works.

Please note Bluray drives for PC are LOUD AS FUCK and very slow to respond, not to mention the playback can look choppy, stand alone players are much quieter with better picture quality.

18 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

with better picture quality.

...... what

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

...... what

when playing a bluray on a PC the playback is CHOPPY (even on higher end hardware) so switching to a standalone player produces a SMOOTHER image which to me equates to BETTER PICTURE QUALITY.

go play a Bluray on your PC you'll see what I mean.

9 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

go play a Bluray on your PC you'll see what I mean.

1 sec I just need to message myself in 2008

....... k he says playback is just fine.

all jokes aside , that's just a you problem. Blu-ray has pretty much been mastered on pc for well over 10 years. If you're having trouble with playing back 20-40mbps video then idk what to tell you other than you have a pretty big bottleneck or some other issue with your blu-ray setup on the pc.

That being said even my old laptop can run blu-ray via a usb 2.0 external drive just fine. I'm a video editor and I know what to look for with playback issues like low bitrate artifacting or screen tearing or dropped fps and i've not seen that since the early days of blu-ray. after socket 775 c2d became mainstream it really hasn't been a common issue.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

1 sec I just need to message myself in 2008

....... k he says playback is just fine.

all jokes aside , that's just a you problem. Blu-ray has pretty much been mastered on pc for well over 10 years. If you're having trouble with playing back 20-40mbps video then idk what to tell you other than you have a pretty big bottleneck or some other issue with your blu-ray setup on the pc.

That being said even my old laptop can run blu-ray via a usb 2.0 external drive just fine. I'm a video editor and I know what to look for with playback issue like low bitrate artifacting or screen tearing or dropped fps and i've not seen that since the early days of blu-ray. after socket 775 c2d became mainstream it really hasn't been a common issue.

my 4700HQ laptop (which runs circles around even the best 775 CPU's) with 32GB of DDR3 and an 860m sure as shit had choppy playback, not to mention taking like 5-10 seconds to respond to being told to play/pause, once you RIP the disc to the hard drive playback is fine, but not playing off the drive directly and even ignoring playback issues it's still LOUD AS FUCK especially compared to a dedicated player.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

my 4700HQ laptop (which runs circles around even the best 775 CPU's) with 32GB of DDR3 and an 860m sure as shit had choppy playback

ok , like i said , your blu-ray setup clearly has a problem then.

I don't deny that you have this problem . But i am stating that it's a problem that shouldn't occur especially so many years after cpu speed , drive speed , and gpu speed have improved. 

might be worth starting a thread here to see if you can narrow down the problem. That is if you still watch blu-ray content often , i know my blu-ray drives don't get used all that much these days.

1 hour ago, emosun said:

ok , like i said , your blu-ray setup clearly has a problem then.

I don't deny that you have this problem . But i am stating that it's a problem that shouldn't occur especially so many years after cpu speed , drive speed , and gpu speed have improved. 

might be worth starting a thread here to see if you can narrow down the problem. That is if you still watch blu-ray content often , i know my blu-ray drives don't get used all that much these days.

I gave up on Bluray playback on PC (primarily due to the noise level of the drive, whether it be my laptop bluray drive or my desktop bluray drive, both where very noisy) and just watch them using my Xbox One S connected to my 4k TV when I want to watch a bluray, most times I stream now days. Ultimately the use for the bluray drive is to rip everything down to my computers so I can encode everything into x.265 MKV's and put them on a media server so I can watch anything I want from any device in the house.

I'm also not the only person to report these playback issues, everytime a thread like this comes up everyone that has done it has agreed with me, you are the first person who hasn't had a playback issue.

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

you are the first person who hasn't had a playback issue.

well me and every other person who has not posted a thread about having a problem

unless theres a large list of posts somewhere on the internet with every person saying "my blu-ray works fine" . again , blu rays have been playing on computers for over 10 years , and newsflash... your xbox is a computer. now if you want to complain about your issue i'd suggest making your own thread rather than hijacking this ops thread.

4 hours ago, emosun said:

well me and every other person who has not posted a thread about having a problem

unless theres a large list of posts somewhere on the internet with every person saying "my blu-ray works fine" . again , blu rays have been playing on computers for over 10 years , and newsflash... your xbox is a computer. now if you want to complain about your issue i'd suggest making your own thread rather than hijacking this ops thread.

• no i'm saying everyytime someone posts on here asking whats a good PC bluray playback software every response echos mine.

17 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Leawo Bluray Player, it's FREE and it works.

Please note Bluray drives for PC are LOUD AS FUCK and very slow to respond, not to mention the playback can look choppy, stand alone players are much quieter with better picture quality.

The only thing good I can say about Leawo Bluray Player is it's free. I got lousy results from it.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!