BAcklight bleeding?

Plank

Hey,

on the prime days I got the Viewsonic XG2703-GS for 305€ (165Hz, G-Sync, IPS, WQHD) and it‘s amazing - coming from a 24“ TN Panel! Before buying i‘ve always read that IPS panels suffer from BLB but to be honest... I don‘t see anything? I mean in dark scenes or in the evening I don‘t see a glimpse of this light people show on pictures all over the internet. Is this just because it looks much worse on pictures? I am wondering... or my eyes are simply too bad to see it 

As every panel should be ever so slightly different(at least as far as I know), you might just have got lucky, I guess... :P

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

5 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

As every panel should be ever so slightly different(at least as far as I know), you might just have got lucky, I guess... :P

Well but literally nothing (nothing as in TN panels) would be the same as winning the lottery hm - this luck can‘t be real :) but maybe u‘r right

Yeah,you got lucky! Both with the price and backlight bleed! Congratulations!

My Asus PG279Q had terrible backlight bleed. To the point of watching dark scenes in movies being distracting because of the amount of bleed. Returned it and bought a Acer Predator XB1. it's not perfect, but it's like 98% good, so i'm happy with that.

BTW, all 144hz 1440p Gsync "IPS" panels use the same screen made by AU Optronics. And technically it's not reeeeaally an IPS panel but it does look great. ;)

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

34 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

Yeah,you got lucky! Both with the price and backlight bleed! Congratulations!

My Asus PG279Q had terrible backlight bleed. To the point of watching dark scenes in movies being distracting because of the amount of bleed. Returned it and bought a Acer Predator XB1. it's not perfect, but it's like 98% good, so i'm happy with that.

BTW, all 144hz 1440p Gsync "IPS" panels use the same screen made by AU Optronics. And technically it's not reeeeaally an IPS panel but it does look great. ;)

Yea! Compared to my last screen (Acer XF240H) the colours and sharpness are amazing. 

Well the price should be(or rather was) higher, but the power cable was missing and Amazon asked if a 20% refund would be cool for me. I mean yea. The cable costed me 5€ so why not