Logitech G502 Review!

Sup everyone! I recently got the G502 as a gift, and i wanna talk about, so, ill say a less detailed desc about it, then get more into detail then the pros and the cons

Lets begin!

The mouse in my opinion is great, the free scroll wheel, the buttons, the thumb rest, the weights, it can feel plastic-light without weights and heavy with all the weights, the mouse itself can store up to three profiles and theres 11 programmable buttons, one of them being a DPI or sniper button.

Alright, so

the free scroll wheel can be activated by clicking the button directly behind it, its very useful for scrolling through very long pages, you no longer feel the clicks every scroll when activated, the button used to activate it feels like a cherry mx blue but not exactly, its still very nice to press. There are side mousewheel buttons, meaning i can click the mousewheel left or right and you can program them. I use them to raise/lower the volume, the mousewheel is metal but imo that doesnt really matter.

Apart from MOUSE1 (left click) and MOUSE2 (right click) and MOUSE3 (middle click) there are 6 other buttons, excluding the side mousewheel buttons, one of them is a DPI button, which can be very useful, say for example, you like playing with 3000 dpi in shooting games but when you aim you want around 600 dpi, lets take Fortnite for example, You just killed someone with a shotgun and theres someone far from you, so you build a ramp and you aim with your sniper, you hold the sniper button which lowers your DPI, and you can aim better. 

The weights are very nice, there are 5 weights, each weighing 3.6 grams which you attach at the bottom of the mouse, next to the sensor, by removing the magnetic panel at the bottom of the mouse, the mouse out of the box weighs 4.3 ounces, while with all the weights its 5.9 ounces.

Now, about the profiles, this mouse can store 3 profiles, lets say your mouse has the best settings for you in fortnite and it took you a long time with tests and stuff, anyway, so you go to your friends house to play fortnite, and you plug in your mouse and put profile 1, which is the fortnite settings instead of having to change all the settings, cool huh? Hell yeah

The software is AMAZING, UNLIKE RAZERS, ITS LIKE COMPARING EAZY E, TO LIL PUMP, UNMATCHED. Razer's software is ass, Logitech's isnt, my laptop is an i7 2670qm so its really slow and for razer it makes my laptop lag, not logitech's. THANK. YOU. LOGITECH. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU. Sorry, i just love the software.

Theres RGB, cool huh? Nope, the G logo is covered by your palm and the profile/dpi light to show you what settings is cool but the rgb isnt that good, the white color is not white, which sucks.

My keyboard is the Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 TE, the braided cable that comes with it is good, the logitech's? Not as good. its more soft and wears off more which sucks but eh whatever.

The feet for this mouse is amazing, my previous mouse had HARD PLASTIC feet sticking out, eugh

Mouse? AMAZING, I LOVE IT, 4.7/5 STARS  9.7/10

G502 pics

VVVVVVV

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lcRjvpTHwVAcSK4S2xAGtteQzI6f5z4R

g.png

Razer software is bad but it’s not that bad (not a fanboy but I do have a deathadder elite). The only reason I don’t enjoy the g502 is because it has too many buttons which I won’t need and it’s too heavy for my preferences :)

poop

1 minute ago, IdiotPenguin said:

Razer software is bad but it’s not that bad (not a fanboy but I do have a deathadder elite). The only reason I don’t enjoy the g502 is because it has too many buttons which I won’t need and it’s too heavy for my preferences :)

imo the razer software is confusing 

13 minutes ago, Quintavious V said:

Apart from MOUSE1 (left click) and MOUSE2 (right click) and MOUSE3 (middle click) there are 6 other buttons, excluding the side mousewheel buttons, one of them is a DPI button, which can be very useful, say for example, you like playing with 3000 dpi in shooting games but when you aim you want around 600 dpi

This. THIS. I love the addition of these programmable buttons and the on-the-fly DPI switcher. I have two preset profiles, one for 1350 DPI and another to 550 DPI when I need it.

15 minutes ago, Quintavious V said:

The software is AMAZING, UNLIKE RAZERS, ITS LIKE COMPARING EAZY E, TO LIL PUMP, UNMATCHED. Razer's software is ass, Logitech's isnt

As a G-Eazy fan myself, I'll happily give you a point on this one! :D 

16 minutes ago, Quintavious V said:

the rgb isnt that good, the white color is not white, which sucks.

Yeah, the white has a blue tint to it, in fact all the colors have a blue tint to it, of course you won't notice if you're set to blue. :( 

I love your review having used a G502 myself, you covered all the points about the mouse nicely. :) 

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

38 minutes ago, seoz said:

As a G-Eazy fan myself, I'll happily give you a point on this one! :D 

i said Eazy E not G Eazy

• 2 weeks later...

Have this mouse and I'm hating it because of it's scroll wheel. That "free scroll wheel" is way too sensitive and very uncomfortable to use & normal mode is way too loud and buzzy. I regret getting this mouse.

9 hours ago, J.b091 said:

Have this mouse and I'm hating it because of it's scroll wheel. That "free scroll wheel" is way too sensitive and very uncomfortable to use & normal mode is way too loud and buzzy. I regret getting this mouse.

yeah, when i shake the mouse i can hear and feel it, you can change the sensitivity, though not through the software