3d printed brackets for Noctua D14

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, YakRuski said:

So, I have a Noctua D14 that I wish to install on my pc. It has an AM3+ socket, but unfortunately I cannot find any brackets to install onto my computer. Luckily I do have a 3d printer, so do you guys think I should 3d print the said brackets and use it with the D14?

They'll probably be too flexible or yield since it's plastic, the mounts for the Noctua coolers are around 1/16" thick formed steel for the necessary mounting pressure. Try directly contacting Noctua they're pretty good with customer service so they may be able to get you a set of new old stock brackets. 

So, I have a Noctua D14 that I wish to install on my pc. It has an AM3+ socket, but unfortunately I cannot find any brackets to install onto my computer. Luckily I do have a 3d printer, so do you guys think I should 3d print the said brackets and use it with the D14?

1 minute ago, YakRuski said:

They'll probably be too flexible or yield since it's plastic, the mounts for the Noctua coolers are around 1/16" thick formed steel for the necessary mounting pressure. Try directly contacting Noctua they're pretty good with customer service so they may be able to get you a set of new old stock brackets. 

Printed plastics also have tendency to creep under continuous pressure, especially at higher temperatures. So it might be difficult to make them work long term in this application.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

17 hours ago, W-L said:

They responded, and it looks like they're actually gonna send it over. You weren't lying that they have good customer service. Thanks for giving me the idea!