Getting nauseous at my standing desk?

_Riley_

So I've had a standing desk for a while now and after working at it for a while I start to get really nauseous. If I'm聽out walking or doing anything standing for a couple of hours isn't an issue but for some reason standing at my standing desk for extended periods of time makes me really nauseous especially if watching a move or playing games. does anyone else have this issue? thanks!

do you get the same while sitting down doing the same thing? or if you are nauseous, does sitting down alleviate the illness?

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

do you get the same while sitting down doing the same thing? or if you are nauseous, does sitting down alleviate the illness?

If I'm sitting down it completely goes away or if I start walking around or something. Idk??

If you're locking your knees, don't. Otherwise it's face to floor/desk whenever you pass out. And that won't be pleasant.

Still need to move even though you're standing. Even if it's just a few squats every now and again.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just sit. It鈥檚 what your body is made to do lol

Standing desks aren't quiet the miracle cure some people think they are, try a mix of standing and sitting. Standing still all day isn't any more natural than sitting all day, it just burns more calories.

Really humans should be moving around a lot, but that doesn't fit with most modern jobs or entertainment. Maybe a treadmill combined with a standing desk is the answer we are all looking for? 聽

1 hour ago, _Riley_ said:

If I'm sitting down it completely goes away or if I start walking around or something. Idk??

Sounds similar to what my mother had, could be something as simple as low iron, which you would need to get a blood test to be sure. However I would suggest you ask your doctor about it and get their opinion on it

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Sounds similar to what my mother had, could be something as simple as low iron, which you would need to get a blood test to be sure. However I would suggest you ask your doctor about it and get their opinion on it

"Low iron" is usually an intrinsic factor issue or B12 deficiency or both. Iron supplementation can聽actually be quite dangerous and harmful to the human body.

20 hours ago, _Riley_ said:

So I've had a standing desk for a while now and after working at it for a while I start to get really nauseous. If I'm聽out walking or doing anything standing for a couple of hours isn't an issue but for some reason standing at my standing desk for extended periods of time makes me really nauseous especially if watching a move or playing games. does anyone else have this issue? thanks!

Just take a big dose of promethazine(antihistimine also known as phenergan used to treat acute nausea).

Youll be flat on the floor asleep in minutes and no longer nauseous. :P Im jk btw, go to the doctor or dont stand up to watch movies.

I cant imagine using a standing desk with a computer for a long time. They used to have another name when humans were tool users.... what was it. Oh yeah a work bench ?

17 hours ago, _Riley_ said:

I also have the same thing. In my case it has something to do with a weak heart and the fact that im pretty tall, so when im standing doing nothing heart has a hard time pumping blood to my head, but as soon as i sit or do some exercise the heart rate rises and it will go away.

So maybe consult a doctor or something.