Virus, spyware or something mac

so i got home from work and my friend was at my place, she tried to use her mac while i was at work but the wifi would not work and i know its not my router/modem thats the problem. anyway, she tried to hit restart and this came up:
''NASA logo in the right cornor with Arabic text or something like that, something not normal texting, and it was blurry. unfortunately i can't finde mye ethernet to mac adapter so i cant test with cable but the wifi does not work.
this wierd nasa logo does not necessary has something to do with this but maybe. hopefully you guys can help, thanks

Can you further describe this? First of all are you sure you mean a NASA and not an NSA logo? That would just make more sense IMO, at least if it were something virus/malware related. Secondly do you mean this pops up at boot or after connecting to the wifi and the browser loads that instead of the websites? And lastly, can you by any change provide a picture of this screen?

Hope I can help further with more info, but there are still too many unknows right now (at least for me).

Could be a partially functioning ransomware? IDK

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

2 minutes ago, Tomatodude95 said:

Can you further describe this? First of all are you sure you mean a NASA and not an NSA logo? That would just make more sense IMO, at least if it were something virus/malware related. Secondly do you mean this pops up at boot or after connecting to the wifi and the browser loads that instead of the websites? And lastly, can you by any change provide a picture of this screen?

Hope I can help further with more info, but there are still too many unknows right now (at least for me).

she is pretty sure it was nasa, it was the normal logo. then she clicked restart the mac started to shutdown programs and all that, she looks aways in 3 sec and then it was in the frame. full frame pic and the mac froze and was like that for 40-50 sec. when it did reboot normaly but still no wifi working, the mac can finde internet but not connect to it.
she did not thing much of it and did not take a photo

5 minutes ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

she is pretty sure it was nasa, it was the normal logo. then she clicked restart the mac started to shutdown programs and all that, she looks aways in 3 sec and then it was in the frame. full frame pic and the mac froze and was like that for 40-50 sec. when it did reboot normaly but still no wifi working, the mac can finde internet but not connect to it.

i finally could got on the wifi, used her phone as router with her 4G. so the normal start page is google but not its anysearchmanager

7 minutes ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

So the image only came up once for about 40-50 seconds?

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

So the image only came up once for about 40-50 seconds?

yeah

3 minutes ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

i finally could got on the wifi, used her phone as router with her 4G

Are you connected to your home WiFi? Or are you tethered to you fried’s phone?

2 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Are you connected to your home WiFi? Or are you tethered to you fried’s phone?

now we us her 4g from here phone to get connaction, my home wifi still does not work with the mac

7 minutes ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

i finally could got on the wifi, used her phone as router with her 4G. so the normal start page is google but not its anysearchmanager

Sounds kind of strange and sketchy. Any new software installed lately? Check whether there is anything in stalled that you don't know. Normally these redirected homepages and stuff aren't a good sign but I've never actually seen it on a mac.

I'm also not really sure if the two are related (no wifi and picture/weird web search). Are you using a hotspot or usb or bluetooth to share your 4g connection?

i got any seach manager away from the browsers but  still no connection to my home wifi. still can be a mac problem. she might go home tomorrow so maybe her home wifi works 

3 minutes ago, Tomatodude95 said:

Sounds kind of strange and sketchy. Any new software installed lately? Check whether there is anything in stalled that you don't know. Normally these redirected homepages and stuff aren't a good sign but I've never actually seen it on a mac.

I'm also not really sure if the two are related (no wifi and picture/weird web search). Are you using a hotspot or usb or bluetooth to share your 4g connection?

we used normal wifi/hotspot yes. not any new program lately, am not sure if i can help with any more info so i think am gonna go to bed because work tomorrow, but feel free to come with tips if you guys want. if we dont find any reselution se probably just go to an apple store, thanks anyway :) <3

Do you have another WiFi device to test if you can acces the network with that device?

For the Mac of your friend: the first thing you should do is scanning the laptop with an anti virus/malware program.

3 minutes ago, Eirikstrand1996 said:

we used normal wifi/hotspot yes. not any new program lately, am not sure if i can help with any more info so i think am gonna go to bed because work tomorrow, but feel free to come with tips if you guys want. if we dont find any reselution se probably just go to an apple store, thanks anyway :) <3

Wifi: yeah that seems more like a wifi configuration or compatibility problem really and not any virus/malware like activity.

Pic: without it happening again and you being able to take a picture, i don't think I can help you any further either. Scan the computer with a trusted anti virus and/or anti malware program and see it it detects something other than that i don't really know anything (except a factory reset - but that's kind of a big leap).

If there are any updates I'll look into this again tomorrow, but yeah I have to go to bed as well.

Hope you fix it!

i used first ccleaner and malwarebytes they found nothing. but something wierd happend ealyer today, she was in a phone call she lost all connection to internett, no 4g and no wifi. but when she hung up it was all working again