WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1?? and Sound BlasterX AE-5

jim33

#hi i want to buy one new soundcard and i am between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 

i dont know which to buy?

what is the difference between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 ? and which is the best?
i want the soundcard for games, music and movies

so which soundcard are you suggested me to buy?
Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1? or 
Sound BlasterX AE-5??

i am playing games ,, music and movies/

in music i am hearing everything trance house all the kind of music ..
i am playing all the kind of games././

WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1?? and Sound BlasterX AE-5??
.if i buy Asus Strix Raid DLX will it be good for music and movies?? will i hear in songs very clear and beauty sound?

and i have one more question with Asus Strix Raid DLX can i put and one custom 5.1 speakers? 

Asus Strix Raid DLX supports only gaming headsets? or it suports all the kind of headsets?

so which soundcard to buy from these 3??
Strix Raid DLX or Essence STX II or Sound BlasterX AE-5??

some people say that Strix Raid DLX is good

another people say that is garbage

some another people say that asus stx 2.7.1 is very good

some people say that is not good

so from these 3 which one is the best??

do you believe that Soundblaster AE-5 is better than asus stx ii 7.1 and asus dlx??
can you tell me why is better from these 3?

i am asking because i dont know

the most people say that dlx is garbage product
another people say that asus stx 7.1 is old and has problems with drivers

some another people say that soynblaster AE-5 has problems with the souroynd and the bass and with the volume..

for this i dont which to buy?

can you tell me please which to buy please?? from these 3??

at the beginning you should learn to write post so they are readable, it is not chat, it is one continous post, why do you think that you need such expensive bullshit sound card ? is there any certain reason for that ?

i want it  for  games  movies and  music

which is  the  best  from  these 3??

Geez the grammar/writing they teach in schools these days...O.o

Xonar STX II is nowadays bad choise for its luxury price.

It's based on very old PCI sound chip used through PCI-e bridge chip and has three years old latest drivers.

That C-Media chip based cards also have bug, which can cause them to suddenly spew out full amplitude static noise to "advance joyrney of your hearing to its grave".

Which is apparently for some reason more common with Asus motherboards and then Windows 10 also causes that.

Neither C-Media or Asus has been interested in solving/mitigating that... And after all Asus already got buyer's money to run big hype machine.

Also on Ryzen motherboards changing output can reboot your system!

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036071?_ga=2.92572701.1048640317.1526260340-329128221.1511925089

I'm having hard time imagining how that is even possible.

And by now Asus should have had plenty of time to fix drivers...

And while Strix Raid DLX at least avoids facepalm level 100 ohm output impedance of Strix Raid Pro/Soar card, Asus somehow still managed to cram 14 ohms of output impedance.

Which is even worser than 10 ohms of standard TPA6120 headphone output.

So despite of all gaming hype marketing machine BS, it's technically compromised for driving fashionable low impedance headphones.

(ideally output impedance should be at most 1/8th of impedance of headphones)

While at the same time Creative really upped their game and gave AE-5 basically the best headphone output of any sound card with 1 ohm output impedance making it good for driving pretty much any possible headphone.

And used sound chip is their own so they don't rely on others for new drivers.

As for headphones gaming stuff is pretty much cheap crap with heavy overpricing.

so from  these 3 is  better to  buy AE-5 ??

can  you tell me  please/?

someone told me  these

STX 2:
+ Good quality stuff (hardware)
+/- Used to have good 3rd-party driver development. Look below.
- Driver support is deader than dead as C-Media dropped the chipset from their driver development.
- Some bugs still exist, like the banshee scream. Had the banshee scream on my Xonar D1 which uses same C-Media chip, and people like totally dubbed had it too.

Strix soundcards:
- Quality not known as few people own the card and there are no measurements to look at. Most people brand it as garbage card because of how junky the drivers were at launch (and gaming branded stuff is usually perceived as garbage if not proven otherwise).
- Driver support is alive-ish, but no 3rd-party driver development.
- Too expensive, Creative AE-5 is in the same price bracket

also  they told me

Essence STX II is built around very old PCI sound chip used through PCI-e bridge chip.
So hope for driver supports relies also on C-Media's interest on supporting that old sound chip.... With C-Media not even offering Win10 drivers directly:
https://www.cmedia.com.tw/support/download_center/10
Also its headphone output is based onto TPA6120 with typical 10 ohm output impedance making it technically not greatest for low impedance headphones.
While AE-5 has 1 ohm output impedance quaranteeing ideal damping factor and insignificant frequency response changes with any headphone.
Neither is Dolby Heaphone of those Xonars that great for headphone gaming.

Strix Raid DLX has exactly same TPA6120 and 10 ohm output impedance losing to SBX AE-5.
Though compared to facepalm level 100 ohm output impedance of lower Strix Raid Pro/Soar it would be stellar.
(those are surely short circuit protected in case you would like to jam iron nail into headphone output...)

THe sound blaster AE-5 would be the best choice due to it being an better sound card in regards to sound performance, Functionally and driver support. Since creative is doing an great job fixing issues and listening to feedback. The Headphone Amp on the AE-5 is indeed stronger then the headphone amp on both the STX and strix DLX. Not the mention both of the Asus has poor virtual surround headphone function which does an poor job when your gaming or watching movies. The function on the Sound blaster AE-5 is worlds better then Dolby headphone and what ever asus is using on the strix series. I also an gamer too and I found using the Headphone (7.1) output setting together with acoustic engine surround setting at 67% to be an wonderful experience in games and movies also. Speaking of movie's the AE-5 does support Blu-ray audio's DTS-HD and DD-MA over analog, as long you are using WinDvd, Something which both the STX II and Strix DLX can't do, as they will down-mix the formats down to 16bit/48khz. 

what  is  your opinion for all these  things  esat?

but  i have reaD very good  reviews  for  this soundcard

• 5 years later...

Hi. 
i’m in for the same question, and i see you write the same questions in different forums, where everyone just slaughters your posts.  Probably because they don’t know, or read the rew’s on different tests, that you don’t need a 3rd party soundcard, cuz everyone is using ‘gaming headsets’ with built in realtec.
I’m an audiophile too, and got many different headsets and soundcards.

My favorite soundcard, that i still use today is Asus xonar essence (1 one).

I bought that i 2010 or something. 

since then I tried all kinds of the top sound cards, but nothing compares to this one. 
what ppl don’t understand is, that sound isn’t in the same technology category as for example a cpu. So when they write that it’s just some old pci garbage, they don’t know what they are talking about. 
this card is just great for gaming, music, and basically everything. 
the build in eq, and the simple 8 channels, 7.1 , gaming eq, has a great sound. All other models i tried ( with high quality headphones), can’t get that balance in the soundstage.

I’ve been accused of cheating in many fps games over the years, since i can hear ppl before they hear me. (Im a good fps gamer) 

My problem now is the driver support. 
they don’t even support windows 10, and i’ve got the drivers to work with Win11, and it’s working pretty well, but i need something new for the future.

i’m now looking at the Asus Strix DLX,  and are hoping that it’s as good or maby better than the Xonar sti.

Soundcards i got, and tried: 

Evga audio nu pro

Creative soundblaster G6

Sannheiser epos 1000.