Let's play some Fortnite!

Let's build! Yay! Wait...why can't I build??? Dies

Oh wait the FN key!

How can I turn it off in game without changing its use out of game?

Thanks.

Remap your keys. I have most of the essential building buttons mapped to my mouse so I can hit them quickly.

-Moved to PC Gaming-

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Either remap the keys in game, or go into the BIOS and change the FN key functionality

Sharpkeys should be able to do it, but it depends how your system recognises the FN key.

An FN key shouldn't be mapped to anything in game since it's only used by the keyboard itself to send specific commands when pressed in combination with another key on the keyboard, unless it's a different type where you have to press it to activate other functions in which case you just need to change its state whilst playing the specific games where it's required.

go into your bios and change it.  takes like 30 seconds.

On 6/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, demonix00 said:

An FN key shouldn't be mapped to anything in game since it's only used by the keyboard itself to send specific commands when pressed in combination with another key on the keyboard, unless it's a different type where you have to press it to activate other functions in which case you just need to change its state whilst playing the specific games where it's required.

some laptops have FN set as default.  meaning, if you press F1, it will increase screen brightness, but if you press FN+F1, you'll get F1 and whatever its bound to in game.

its a quick and easy fix in the bios

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.