Motherboard question

So, I learned a lot of painful lessons recently about low-quality motherboards. However, I'm looking to make a low-cost PC for my TV, because I don't like watching TV shows on my desktop.

I figured I'd use one of my mistakes to salvage some of the parts I bought. I've got an R3 2200G that I'm going to use to make a small HTPC. I don't care about OCing the device, so I'm comfortable with using an A320 chipset.

Basically, I'm wondering if the Asus A320M-A is going to be reliable enough, or should I consider other options? ASRock as a manufacture is out, sadly (I bought an AB350 Pro4 and it nearly fried my 1600X--not overclocked, it provided like 1.52v on auto).

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 hours ago, PH.nischkar said:

Did you considered raspberry pi?

That's not an option. I'd like something that can handle 4k playback and emulation of at least a GameCube.

1 hour ago, Debeant said:

That's not an option. I'd like something that can handle 4k playback and emulation of at least a GameCube.

But you are aiming for a low-cost motherboard while also aiming for 4k playback.
I'd say a good graphics card will set you a great number of bucks, but some low cost motherboard mostly are obsolete

Have you seen this? or are you trying to replicate it

6 hours ago, PH.nischkar said:

But you are aiming for a low-cost motherboard while also aiming for 4k playback.
I'd say a good graphics card will set you a great number of bucks, but some low cost motherboard mostly are obsolete

Have you seen this? or are you trying to replicate it

Not trying to replicate that at all. As far as graphics, the Ryzen 3 2200G is an APU and the onboard graphics should be able to handle 4k video playback comfortably. Just to clarify, I'm only looking for 4k video--not looking to play games in 4k. Even with current gen graphics cards it's difficult to hit super-high frame rates at 4k. 

I'm not looking to completely cheap out, but this is one situation in which I REALLY don't want to spend a penny more than needed because of the use-case. If I want high end gaming, I've got my main PC after all. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Thank you for clarification.

Maybe an old gaming (old model not 2nd hand) motherboard will do