Headphone quality from front panel is bad

My speakers plugged into the motherboard sound fine, but when I plug headphones into the front panel, the headphones almost sound like they are trying to do surround sound. I can hear audio, but, it sounds awful. When I plug the speakers into the front panel, audio sounds fine. When I plug the headphones into the motherboard, audio sounds fine. It makes no sense. Only the front panel with the headphones have an issue. I have the updated drivers for Realtek Audio. Please give me any suggestions. Thanks.

Motherboard- MSI Z370 PC PRO
Case- Fractal Design Meshify C

Front panel audio tends to be fucking garbage. Im not sure why they even have them at all on boards anymore since they tend to be such trash. 

Is there  a reason you have to use the panel audio instead of the MOBO audio?

From my experience, front panel always sucked, no matter the manufacturer of the case. Suppose you feel its easier for you to access front panel, i suggest get an cable extender (plug it to the mobo) as audio will be better from the mobo compared to the front panel..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

The cable that goes from the motherboard to the front panel is generally fairly poorly shielded so you get a lot of noise from the power cables around inside the case. As others have said, get an extension and plug into the back of your computer.

Front panel connectors are not high quality. I only use the USB ports in the front, and anything audio is from the motherboard.

hi.