First Time Overclocking

I decided to see what I could squeeze out of my Pny 1050ti I bought at the beginning of the year. I read up on overclocking with MSI Afterburner and read a few posts here on the forums about results on 1050ti's. 

http://a.co/1V3XGwE

According to GPUZ the card clocks at...

Base: 1291MHz

Boost: 1392MHz

Mem: 1752MHz

Which is what is advertised.

From what I saw getting 100MHz overclock was typical but my card reached a overclock of...

Base: 1516MHz [+225]

Boost: 1617MHz

Mem: +250 (CPUZ does not show the overclock and the benchmark value is wrong on both base and oc'd)

I bumped clocks by +25MHz each round and ran a 10 minute benchmark till I saw artifacting at +250 Base. I tried to get more than +225 but it would begin to stutter past it. Same for the memory clock.

Is this a typical result? I feel like this is actually a pretty high overclock compared to what I read about the 1050ti. Most places I read reported +100MHz being the goal.

Edit: Temps were steady maxed at 62c under load with the overclock.

Lord of Helium.

That is a pretty fair overclock and I doubt you will be able to push much further as most 1050ti's will hit the power limit preventing them from going any further due to their lack of a pcie power connector. Have you checked the clocks of the gpu using msi afterburner as gpu boost is likely pushing the clocks higher than what is shown in gpu-z. My g1 gaming 1050ti boosted up to 1750mhz on stock clocks which is much higher than the advertised 1480mhz boost. 

Edit:

Also note that just because the card can runs at a higher clock doesn't mean it is faster. My 1050ti would score a better superposition score at +160 core and +270 mem than +200 core and +350mem. I suspect the main reason for this is that the card is hitting the power limit and internally throttling despite displaying higher clocks. So make sure you benchmark each overclock to see if the performance is scaling appropriately than once you find the sweet-spot stress test the overclock to make sure it is stable. 

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

6 hours ago, Lemtea said:

That is a pretty fair overclock and I doubt you will be able to push much further as most 1050ti's will hit the power limit preventing them from going any further due to their lack of a pcie power connector. Have you checked the clocks of the gpu using msi afterburner as gpu boost is likely pushing the clocks higher than what is shown in gpu-z. My g1 gaming 1050ti boosted up to 1750mhz on stock clocks which is much higher than the advertised 1480mhz boost. 

Edit:

Also note that just because the card can runs at a higher clock doesn't mean it is faster. My 1050ti would score a better superposition score at +160 core and +270 mem than +200 core and +350mem. I suspect the main reason for this is that the card is hitting the power limit and internally throttling despite displaying higher clocks. So make sure you benchmark each overclock to see if the performance is scaling appropriately than once you find the sweet-spot stress test the overclock to make sure it is stable. 

Thanks for the tip, I looked at my benchmark scores and noticed that having +225 on the memory had a better score than +250 so I ran both a few times and compared their numbers. The +225 was basically better overall, I even saw a higher max core boost with +225 memory.

Your right about MSI reporting better boost numbers, with the overclock at +225 on both I occasionally saw it boost up to 1946MHz and had a steady 1844MHz on the core.

Lord of Helium.