1070 ti, low fps with ~50% CPU usage

Hi,

I've got an I7 4770 with 16 GB 1600Mhz ddr3 ram and a GTX 1070 ti zotac mini.

Even though this System should be more than good enough to play every modern game on ultra settings with 60+ fps high quality games like AC Origins or Wolfenstein 2 run really poorly even at low settings.

Actually it runs fine on max settings on like 50-60 frames but if i put the settings down there is no improvement in fps but the GPU usage stays at 100% and the CPU is just chilling at 50.

In less quality games gpu and cpu usage is low and frames are fine, if i put the quality up, gpu usage goes up, and till it reaches 100% frames stay pretty much the same.

I tried everything, from putting power management mode to prefer maximum performance to reinstalling all drivers with ddu, newest drivers are installed too, and newest version of windows 10.

I have no idea what to do anymore, please help me...

Thank you.

Check the clock speeds of your gpu while playing maybe it is overheating or something is badly configured.

Maybe check the fan curve

5 minutes ago, BastianR said:

Even though this System should be more than good enough to play every modern game on ultra settings with 60+ fps

no

check what specific cores the games are actually using rather than overall percentage. it might just be using only half your cores thus 50% of the cpu overall.

also be sure to not run things like the AA too high the card isn't invincible

>I got this 2013 CPU 

>I put everything on max 

>It should all go swimmingly

No. It shouldn't. If you're using Afterburner already you should be able to tell what's going on. Also never look at average CPU load.

9 minutes ago, Majestic said:

>I got this 2013 CPU 

>I put everything on max 

No. It shouldn't. If you're using Afterburner already you should be able to tell what's going on. Also never look at average CPU load.

Like i said, frames are fine on max settings 1080p, im using msi aferburner to see the load, and the clock speeds are fine on like 60°C, in cpu-z i can see that all 4 cores are on same percentage which is between 50 and 60%.

Tried all settings on low and gpu stays at 100% while fps are pretty much the same

19 minutes ago, Majestic said:

>I got this 2013 CPU 

>I put everything on max 

Nothing to do with CPU, gpu is 100% usage, doesn’t matter how far the cpu is, if it’s maxed it’s max, increasing the cpu usage can’t push the gpu past 100%

as for op - if the game is using only 4 threads at max usage, it will result in 50% total cpu usage, you didn’t state the resolution either? You haven’t got any other screens attached? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Nothing to do with CPU, gpu is 100% usage, doesn’t matter how far the cpu is, if it’s maxed it’s max, increasing the cpu usage can’t push the gpu past 100%

as for op - if the game is using only 4 threads at max usage, it will result in 50% total cpu usage, you didn’t state the resolution either? You haven’t got any other screens attached? 

I do have a second screen and am playing on 1080p

2 minutes ago, BastianR said:

I do have a second screen and am playing on 1080p

Just try again with the second screen disconnected 

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I will, thank you. Im not home right now, can tell you if it worked in like half an hour.

2 hours ago, stealth80 said:

I will, thank you. Im not home right now, can tell you if it worked in like half an hour.

Edit: Took me longer than i tought, but it didn't help, same as before might a complete reset of my pc help?

11 hours ago, BastianR said:

Edit: Took me longer than i tought, but it didn't help, same as before might a complete reset of my pc help?

It’s related to the gpu, ensure you don’t have dsr enabled or something taxing for n the Nvidia panel, reset all to default and try again 

Ryzen Ram Guide

Still, nothing. I begin to think the card or my cpu is broken, will try a diffrent gpu later i'll see...

On 11.5.2018 at 11:57 PM, emosun said:

no

check what specific cores the games are actually using rather than overall percentage. it might just be using only half your cores thus 50% of the cpu overall.

also be sure to not run things like the AA too high the card isn't invincible

All cores (+Threads) jump up to 100 when i start the game, and than go back down to 60-70 while temps are fine and gpu usage is at 100 and frames are 40-50 on the lowest settings 1080p. I've got a friend with same specs, only 8gb ram not 16 and a gtx 1070 not 1070 ti, his game is running really smooth at higher settings. That's why i think some of my hardware must be broken.