Me again, talking AGAIN about the Razer Blade haha *nervous laughter*, anyhow, i'm pretty undecided about what to choose from, an Alienware 15 or a Razer Blade Full HD, i will list the specs now.

Alienware:

Intel Core i7 7700HQ

GeForce GTX 1060 (or 1070 i can't decide)

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 120Hz TN+WVA Anti-Glare 400-nits NVIDIA G-SYNC Enabled

16GB DDR4 at 2667MHz

256GB SSD (Boot) + 1TB HDD (Storage)

99 Watt Hour Battery

£1,648.99

Razer Blade 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ

GeForce GTX 1060

14" IPS Full HD Matte, 16:9 Ratio, 1920 x 1080

16GB DDR4 2400MHz

512GB SSD 

70 Watt Hour Battery 

£1,999.99 (£1,789 with the constant sale)

I just want you guys' opinions so it can help me decide what i can get 

Thanks lads

Max 

Well, the Blade is garbage as it suffers from a variety of problems (thermal throttling, horrible QA, terrible build quality, terrible keyboard/trackpad), so definitely not that. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Any reason why you want a 7700HQ based laptop over the new ones launching with the 6 core refresh?

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Go with other brands.

are you saying they're both bad? 

Thanks 

Max

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

Any reason why you want a 7700HQ based laptop over the new ones launching with the 6 core refresh?

Not really, it's just those are the two laptops i am wanting, and the manufacturers haven't upgraded them to Coffee Lake yet

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Yes, Razer Blades are garbage as mentioned, and Alienware isn't much better in that regard.  

fair enough, any other suggestions that are better would be much appreciated! 

6 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Well, the Blade is garbage as it suffers from a variety of problems (thermal throttling, horrible QA, terrible build quality, terrible keyboard/trackpad), so definitely not that. 

anything else you suggest?

Not getting off topic, between theae two, from the specs listed only, the alienware seens objectively better.

But as some said, its better to look for a notebook with an 8th gen intel processor.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I'd pick up a gigabyte aero, 100%

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7 minutes ago, tjcater said:

On paper, I would suggest a Gigabyte Aero 15/15x, but I haven't checked up their QA at all so get a double opinion. https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233237&cm_re=Gigabyte_aero-_-34-233-237-_-Product

oh my god, this is actually a really good laptop for the fraction of the cost! thank you for the amazing suggestion!

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I'd pick up a gigabyte aero, 100%

The new CFL-H model runs VERY hot, not recommended unless LM paste is applied

OP, what's your budget and what are your requirements? (usage, weight, battery life etc)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

The new CFL-H model runs VERY hot, not recommended unless LM paste is applied

OP, what's your budget and what are your requirements? (usage, weight, battery life etc)

Budget is about £2,000 (don't know what that is in dollars), i want it to be very capable for gaming and video editing (1060/1070, intel core i7), and this will be used for college for the majority of the day (mostly taking notes but the occasional run of Premiere and Photoshop) so a good battery life. i would also like it to be portable, thin and lightweight.

there is probably no such thing in a laptop but hopefully there is

Thanks

Max

Then the only option left is Aero 15X with CFL-H but a LM repaste is needed IMO. Buy from resellers like gentechpc, they provide LM service

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

I LOVE razer laptops,especially the design,but the price is joke...I will advice you to wait a bit and buy six core intel laptop(they will be released this year) and if you didn't,check for another brands if you can't wait to buy new laptop..I heard Razer have bad cooling system or something..check Dell XPS 15 9560,its almost the same as your alienware and razer laptop..i mean yep,the alienware laptop has 2667Mhz RAM,Dell XPS 15 has 2400,the razer has gtx 1060,dell has 1050,but the price difference is noticeable,but it's up to you.at least wait a bit for six core laptops(if you have patience)

MSI GS65 is $200 cheaper than the gigabyte, but has 2 hour shorter battery life and a 144hz screen (144hz is FAR superior to 60hz)

6 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

has 2 hour shorter battery life

Source?

GS65 has too much chassis flex and unknown cooling as well. New Aero 15/15X comes with high refresh rate panel

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

MSI GS65 is $200 cheaper than the gigabyte, but has 2 hour shorter battery life and a 144hz screen (144hz is FAR superior to 60hz)

Source on that?  The aero lineup uses behemoth batteries and msi has notoriously small ones in thin laptops.  Unless there's been a two way 180° turn from both vendors thats... unlikely

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious