(CA) Programming business laptop

Go to solution Solved by genexis_x,

Neither options above are good. You have a very tight budget which you won't getting a laptop that can last you for 5+years (not just only performance but also reliability). The best bet is go used, get old Thinkpads and add a new battery, SSD and maybe extra RAM

Hi

I am looking for a business laptop deedicated for programming (Python, Ruby, C/C++ ...) and excecuting some  to VMhost our projects, I am also plan to use it for light photo/video editing

Our budget is about CAD750

I found these models and I could add sone nenory if needed

Lenovo

HP

PS/ I would keep my laptop for 5-6 years, so suggest me soome good laptops

Thanks in advance

Neither options above are good. You have a very tight budget which you won't getting a laptop that can last you for 5+years (not just only performance but also reliability). The best bet is go used, get old Thinkpads and add a new battery, SSD and maybe extra RAM

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Hi

What would you recommend in either new and used laptops for my usage, without raking consideration of life time

Thanks

I would suggest buy dell refurbish such as the inspirion 15 5000/7000 and the XPS 13. Get one with 16GB RAM as VM can eat RAM. Also wait until there is 15 percents off to save even more, probably memorial day at least in US. Or find coupon codes.

I dont know about CA but the US can let you return it for FREE if you dont like. I just did it 2 times for XPS 15.