Ryzen 7 2700x or i7 8700k

45 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

You just trying to justify your shitty crazen purchase. Just stop. Intel is the best for gaming and this is a fact

Whatever you say Smurf.

On 4/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, Sauron said:

With the meltdown patch, the 2700x is better in almost everything. As for waiting, it all depends on how much you need it right now - waiting is never a bad idea.

I measured my i7 6700k with cinebench scores recently couple days ago and also i found old picture of me measuring the score - in picture properties it said 2017 april, the picture with name ''Untitled1'' and score 933 was done on 2017 April before any meltdown spectre debacle, the picture with name ''i7 6700k Cinebench Score Stock Speed'' and score 918 was done recently with all windows updates done and motherboard bios updated one week ago difference is marginal by 15cb score before and after patches/updates only different factor here was that i changed from my 1080p IPS 23.6'' 60hz acer monitor to 27'' 1440p IPS 144hz g-sync acer predator monitor in one years time, thats why screenshots have different resolutions in them

Untitled1.png

i7 6700k Cinebench Score Stock Speed.png

CPU: R9 5950x CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + 3 x Noctua NF-A12x25 GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900XT Aorus Master Motherboard: ASUS Chrosshair 8 Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3600Mhz Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 3 x WD Ultrastar 20TB PSU: Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium Fans: 4 x Noctua NF-A14 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

1 minute ago, sonyzz said:

I measured my i7 6700k with cinebench scores recently couple days ago and also i found old picture of me measuring the score - in picture properties it said 2017 april, the picture with name ''Untitled1'' and score 933 was done on 2017 April before any meltdown spectre debacle, the picture with name ''i7 6700k Cinebench Score Stock Speed'' and score 918 was done recently with all windows updates done and motherboard bios updated one week ago difference is marginal by 15cb score before and after patches/updates only different factor here was that i changed from my 1080p IPS 23.6'' 60hz acer monitor to 27'' 1440p IPS 144hz g-sync acer predator monitor in one years time, thats why screenshots have different resolutions in them

Yes, it turns out smeltdown had nothing to do with it.

I wanted to come back to this thread to add this information to my last post but you beat me to it. So yes, it turns out the intel benchmarks were suboptimal. In my defense, it didn't help that every other big reviewer seemingly forgot about the smeltdown patch... but I stand corrected.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So which one cpu is better?

CPU: R9 5950x CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + 3 x Noctua NF-A12x25 GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900XT Aorus Master Motherboard: ASUS Chrosshair 8 Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3600Mhz Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 3 x WD Ultrastar 20TB PSU: Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium Fans: 4 x Noctua NF-A14 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit