ALFHEIM - Control all the lights...but according to what

cluelessgenius

so as some of you may know im writing on an open source software to combine all the light control software from oem like asus,msi,logitech,corsair but also philips and plan also a uwp client for a raspberry so you can hookup for example a digital rgb trip. 

the idea is similar to ifttt you could connect all sorts of trigger to all sorts of lights and effects.

in this thred i thought id ask the community for input on triggers you think would be nice to have. so things the software would check and then trigger an effect when triggered.

here are some of the ideas i have:

system:

- temperature change

- load change

- basically everything openhardwaremonitor give me

network:

- specific device connecting / disconnecting

- possibly system events from other pcs in the future ... like way in the future

services

- getting an email

- getting a whatsapp

- getting a discord call / message

and then obviously a mode for just having the lights configured a certain way all the time when theres no effect activated

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Tell the led light to change red when temperature is too high. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Tell the led light to change red when temperature is too high. 

thats kinda included in this

3 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

system:

- temperature change

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

Snip

Hm... not sure what else. I need to see a prototype and use it myself to see what feature is lacking. Care to give me the software for some user testing?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Hm... not sure what else. I need to see a prototype and use it myself to see what feature is lacking. Care to give me the software for some user testing?

will for sure post again when im ready to release an alpha ;)

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

will for sure post again when im ready to release an alpha ;)

Do I need a raspberry pi for it? I don’t have one on me.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Do I need a raspberry pi for it? I don’t have one on me.

na thats just an  expansion idea

you can donwload or maybe even contribute to it here its a very simple dummy right now and without my latest commits but for future reference:

https://github.com/CluelessGenius/Alfheim

5 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

na thats just an  expansion idea

you can donwload or maybe even contribute to it here its a very simple dummy right now and without my latest commits but for future reference:

https://github.com/CluelessGenius/Alfheim

Do you have a working executable? I know nothing about C# and have no idea how to compile the thing.

Sudo make me a sandwich