How Do I Cool My Laptop

lantenface

My Laptop gets over 90 degrees when I play and gets to 60 if I leave it alone with no applications, I have a Targus Chill Mat and it hardly helps. What Could I do, I tried everything.

Specs: 

GPU: NVIDIA 940MX

CPU: Intel Core i7

RAM: 12 GB (11.9 usbable)

undervolt first, if still too hot then repaste it

Ryzen  5 3600 | ASUS Strix B450i Strix | G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb | NZXT H200i | NZXT x52 | Corsair RM650x

Are you playing on your lap or in a place where the ports are choked or could get dusty? If so, open up the laptop, clean it (and get some compressed air) repaste the thermal paste and move your laptop to an open, clean desk in an open area, out of direct sunlight, preferably in a room with A/C.

That is an extreme approach, but it works

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

down clock the cpu in the POWER maigment settings click on your batter icon and then that open the power management options then click on the power plan then find in that section avanded settings a small windows appears in the top left window (windows 7 and 10 only IDK if it the same on outher OS's) then find your cpu setting open it drop down and then the votage is in % I recommend on battery to down clock it to 30% on battery this lowest I can go the os whould let it go any lower as this lower the max clock speed of the CPU I dount know if this will change the boost if not turn of boost clocking

my current PC specifications

AMD althlon X64-2 @2.2 Ghz 4 GB of DDR ram and a GTX 550 TI 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

Open it up, clean it and replace the thermal paste.

WAIT A minnet before you viod your manufactouse worant or any warente I will do all you can with software or if it is a K CPU down clock it in the bios

my current PC specifications

AMD althlon X64-2 @2.2 Ghz 4 GB of DDR ram and a GTX 550 TI 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD

53 minutes ago, XT_Wills_1 said:

WAIT A minnet before you viod your manufactouse worant or any warente I will do all you can with software or if it is a K CPU down clock it in the bios

Do you really think he would have a warranty on a laptop with a 940MX?

Also he wouldn't void it by opening it up.