What HDMI cable do I need?

Teuminator
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
Just now, Teuminator said:

thanks. This one supports at least 1080p 120hz, but 4k is a lot more than that. If it supports 4k 60hz, it will show that in nVidia Control Panel?

If the cable supports 1080p 120Hz, it should support 4K as it's category 2, which is the highest bandwidth HDMI cable available right now. Category 1 cables cap out at 1080i, so it's definitely not one of those. 

Should work just fine. 

I just bought a Phillips 4k TV which arrives next week and I want to connect it to my PC.

I have an High Speed HDMI cable. Is it good enough for 4k 60hz? I will mostly watch movies but I want to play some FIFA too. 

Do I need to get an HDMI 2.0 cable?

No such thing as an HDMI 2.0 cable. Just category 1 and category 2 (high speed). Category 2 cables (what you have) support all current HDMI revisions if they're made to spec, so 4K 60Hz will be no problem. 

There are new 48G cables coming for HDMI 2.1 that will enable some of the higher bandwidth features. 

Get something cheap (around $5 a cable) and avoid the really expensive ones that are you paying for the extra advertising. Walmart sells them in packs of 2 (6 or 10 ft) for $10-12

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

No such thing as an HDMI 2.0 cable. Just category 1 and category 2 (high speed). Category 2 cables (what you have) support all current HDMI revisions if they're made to spec, so 4K 60Hz will be no problem. 

There are new 48G cables coming for HDMI 2.1 that will enable some of the higher bandwidth features. 

thanks. This one supports at least 1080p 120hz, but 4k is a lot more than that. If it supports 4k 60hz, it will show that in nVidia Control Panel?

Just now, Teuminator said:

If the cable supports 1080p 120Hz, it should support 4K as it's category 2, which is the highest bandwidth HDMI cable available right now. Category 1 cables cap out at 1080i, so it's definitely not one of those. 

Should work just fine.