Someone yell at me so I stop procrastinating

DarkFireGuy

I need some tips on how to focus on my English work and stop getting distracted. I've been watching LTT videos for the past 5 hours. FML

hey hey hey i leik turtles

This small piece of advice helped me go through years of university work: Don't do any kind of schoolwork in your house. The more familiar the place you're studying/working at, the more complacent and lazier you're going to get. So try going somewhere new, like a coffee shop, or a library.

If you are already doing that, and you're still getting distracted, then you're either lazy or you may have ADHD. In that case, there's no simple way out.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

5 minutes ago, Gale said:

This small piece of advice helped me go through years of university work: Don't do any kind of schoolwork in your house. The more familiar the place you're studying/working at, the more complacent and lazier you're going to get. So try going somewhere new, like a coffee shop, or a library.

If you are already doing that, and you're still getting distracted, then you're either lazy or you may have ADHD. In that case, there's no simple way out.

rip I used to be on Ritalin for ADHD but I stopped cause I lost too much muscle

59 minutes ago, DarkFireGuy said:

I need some tips on how to focus on my English work and stop getting distracted. I've been watching LTT videos for the past 5 hours. FML

there is a chrome extension for that

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/go-fucking-work/hibmkkpfegfiinilnlabbfnjcopdiiig?hl=en

https://gofuckingwork.com/

i like trains 🙂

3 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

holy shit this might just save me

edit 1: until now ive depended on self injury to get focused or loose bad habits. I dont mean like cutting my wrists but wrapping a rubber band around my wrist and pulling it back all the way if I get an urge

edit 2: pull back as in pull upwards and release

dont bring your phone and headphones. Use the computers at your library for all your assignments. these alone will eliminate all distractions from videos.

However, you may need more than that if cat pictures and social medias are distractions too. Try printing out all your assignments and bring a textbooks to the library. I often found internet to be necessary for the assignments no matter what though which is quite often, since most of my assignments involves programming which means lots of stackoverflow. However in cases in which you can do without an internet and use a textbook, you can be veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrry productive. 

Sudo make me a sandwich