C:\Windows\Logs\CBS file is HUGE!!

I just got a message saying my storage was full on my laptop, knowing I've only used about half the storage I did some digging and found this huge file at C:\Windows\Logs\CBS 

I've got a few questions

What is this?

Is this safe to delete? 

If not what can i do?

2018-04-14.png

from a MS technet:

We also need to temporarily stop WMI:

1. Stop the Windows Modules Installer service. Click Start and in the Search box type: services.msc Press Enter and you see the Local Services list.
  2. Scroll down to the Windows Modules Installer service and double-click on it.
  3. Under Service status, click Stop. Click OK.
  4. Use File Explorer to go to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS. (If Windows is installed on a different hard drive, you have to go to that drive.)
  5. Move or rename all of the files in that folder.
  6. For good measure, delete all the "cab*" files in your Windows Temp folder, typically C:\Windows\Temp. Makecab won't ever delete them, so you get to.
  7. Reboot.

When Windows comes back, the Windows Module Installer service will be running again,

source: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/5789be66-b99f-4880-a737-222b3c15adfe/is-it-safe-to-delete-cbs-log-files?forum=win10itprohardware

this seems to have worked. I had to stop the windows modules installer first but thanks!