What phone should I get

Legolessed

I have been looking at phones. I’m using a Samsung galaxy j3 eclipse right now and i have to admit the amoled screen looks really nice compared of a lot of lcd screens. My at&t store has a zte blade spark for $79 and that also seems like a good option. The one thing I’m really wanting is battery. Some of my other wants are a nice screen that’s largerish and also a good camera. Like I’m not looking for amazing but something I could take a few picture with. Also I’d like to stay around the $100 mark or at most $200

sorry for the weird requests.

thanks!

Moto G5 has a pretty large screen with a good camera and decent battery. Nokia 3 or 5 is a option as well if your carrier has it and can deal with the current stigma against the company. Samsung J3 is pretty decent but has the bad update policy and laggy software with both the moto and nokia lineups having stock android. 

I would suggest you read/watch some reviews on said phones. 

I'm assuming Huawei isn't a option? What are the odds you live in the US idk

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Samsung Galaxy A5 is also not bad and is newer.  But the Moto G5 or G5 Plus are hard to beat for their value.

4 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Samsung Galaxy A5 is also not bad and is newer.  But the Moto G5 or G5 Plus are hard to beat for their value.

4 hours ago, Arcanekitten said:

Moto G5 has a pretty large screen with a good camera and decent battery. Nokia 3 or 5 is a option as well if your carrier has it and can deal with the current stigma against the company. Samsung J3 is pretty decent but has the bad update policy and laggy software with both the moto and nokia lineups having stock android. 

I would suggest you read/watch some reviews on said phones. 

I'm assuming Huawei isn't a option? What are the odds you live in the US idk

just looked at the moto e4 plus and its almost perfect. especially the battery. I cant find many phones with large 5000mah batteries like that one and for me id rather have a thicker phone and have the power than not but i cant find many phones with giant batteries like that.

I'd go for a G-series Moto over an E-series. Better processor and better display for not a whole lot more money.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

4 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

I'd go for a G-series Moto over an E-series. Better processor and better display for not a whole lot more money.

yeah i know and that is the smart move i just really want to find a phone with a very large battery

idk. i keep going back to the moto g5, zte blade spark, and the zte blade max.

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

yeah i know and that is the smart move i just really want to find a phone with a very large battery

idk. i keep going back to the moto g5, zte blade spark, and the zte blade max.

What sort of screen on time do you average and how do you set your brightness?

I have a Pixel 2 XL (3520mAh) and I rarely get far below 50% with a 3+ hour SOT. I set my brightness on the lower end.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

13 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

I have a Pixel 2 XL (3520mAh) and I rarely get far below 50% with a 3+ hour SOT. I set my brightness on the lower end.

That depends a lot. i usually set my brightness pretty low. 

5 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_685216.html?wid=11&lkid=11928292

i just found this phone. like i dont even know why xD 

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_685216.html?wid=11&lkid=11928292

i just found this phone. like i dont even know why xD 

I'd still stick with a Motorola for build quality. Lenovo sucks at pushing out updates but Motorola phones are physically solid.

Hell, if you could find a NOS or a refurbed Nexus 6, you could probably get it pretty cheap, and they're built like tanks, have tons of battery life, and a HUGE 1440p screen. LineageOS 15.1 finally came out for it, so you'll get continuing updates for it.

4 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

I'd still stick with a Motorola for build quality. Lenovo sucks at pushing out updates but Motorola phones are physically solid.

Hell, if you could find a NOS or a refurbed Nexus 6, you could probably get it pretty cheap, and they're built like tanks, have tons of battery life, and a HUGE 1440p screen. LineageOS 15.1 finally came out for it, so you'll get continuing updates for it.

Yeah i do keep going back to the moto g5. It all round is just a good phone and is well priced but i wish it had a larger battery. I guess i could always bring a power bank in those moments where i need more power. idk

9 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

actually im finding a lot of nexus 6p's around the $200 mark that are new and have a warrenty on amazon. The only thing is that its a 2015 flagship so support may drop?? 

24 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

actually im finding a lot of nexus 6p's around the $200 mark that are new and have a warrenty on amazon. The only thing is that its a 2015 flagship so support may drop?? 

Well, I had actually mentioned the Moto Nexus 6, not the Huawei Nexus 6P, but neither of them currently have manufacturer support. However, both can have the bootloader unlocked and LineageOS installed fairly easily, and that gets frequent updates.

2 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

Well, I had actually mentioned the Moto Nexus 6, not the Huawei Nexus 6P, but neither of them currently have manufacturer support. However, both can have the bootloader unlocked and LineageOS installed fairly easily, and that gets frequent updates.

oh xD i have to admit the nexus 6p is very enticing xD 

3 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Just looked at the honor 7x and I think I'm sold. It's like perfect xD

I kinda feel like you're jumping from phone to phone...

Check out PhoneArena.com, AndroidCentral.com, and XDA-Developers.com to see what everybody there is saying about whatever device you're looking at. 

3 hours ago, Legolessed said:

It's a solid phone. I've tried it.

It's not super-amazing, but it's affordable and it does quite a bit.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Is your J3 Eclipse on Verizon or other carrier right now?  I saw you mentioned AT&T store, does that mean you have them, or you'd be willing to switch and the coverage would be fine?

9 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Is your J3 Eclipse on Verizon or other carrier right now?  I saw you mentioned AT&T store, does that mean you have them, or you'd be willing to switch and the coverage would be fine?

I have an at&t sim