Will the Ryzen CPUs have a iGPU?

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

currently only the r5 2200g and r5 2400g are equipped with 'iGPU' called their APU series. nothing in the r7-series for now.

Has this been confirmed or does anyone know if any of the Ryzen 2 chips will have a igpu specifically the 2700?

currently only the r5 2200g and r5 2400g are equipped with 'iGPU' called their APU series. nothing in the r7-series for now.

1 minute ago, Olli_ said:

Has this been confirmed or does anyone know if any of the Ryzen 2 chips will have a igpu specifically the 2700?

Why would you want the Igpu? Even if they do it wont perform that well even at 1080p

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 Cooler: Corsiar H60 MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro B350m RAM: 16GB GPU: ASUS ROG GTX 1070 Case: Masterbox Lite 5 Storage: 240GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B 

Laptop

2019 Macbook Pro 15 inch i9 4.8ghz 8 core 16GB RAM 512GB SSD 560x Pro

Just now, Shockers87 said:

Why would you want the Igpu? Even if they do it wont perform that well even at 1080p

cause some people don't play games and just need a display 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

cause some people don't play games and just need a display 

true but if you are going for an 8 core cpu you probably are doing somewhat intensive tasks

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 Cooler: Corsiar H60 MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro B350m RAM: 16GB GPU: ASUS ROG GTX 1070 Case: Masterbox Lite 5 Storage: 240GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B 

Laptop

2 minutes ago, Shockers87 said:

true but if you are going for an 8 core cpu you probably are doing somewhat intensive tasks

Reason I'm asking is I'm still saving up for a graphics card so thought I could use that until I get one

1 minute ago, Shockers87 said:

what about things like servers and cpu compute rigs? The gpu won't matter at all, and is just there to put pixels on a screen.

Just now, Olli_ said:

Reason I'm asking is still saving up for a graphics card so thought I could use that until I get one

For gaming, ryzen 7 isn't any better, so a r5 and a gpu is a much better buy and the cpu will be the same when you put a faster gpu in.

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For gaming, ryzen 7 isn't any better, so a r5 and a gpu is a much better buy and the cpu will be the same when you put a faster gpu in.

Won't be only  for just  gaming but thanks.

15 minutes ago, airdeano said:

Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what about things like servers and cpu compute rigs? The gpu won't matter at all, and is just there to put pixels on a screen.

I just assumed due to ryzen being more targeted to gamers/streamers. 

Desktop

Laptop

10 minutes ago, Shockers87 said:

I just assumed due to ryzen being more targeted to gamers/streamers. 

also the gpu uses a lot of die space, and the lack of a igpu is one way they can sell cheaply. 

if my information is correct, it would not be possible to integrate an iGPU into a ryzen CPU with more than 4 cores without some heavy modification to the design as it is.

previous ryzen CPUs had 4 cpu cores + cache bundled into whats called a "core complex" or CCX and there were always two of these CCX units on the package with different but symmetrical number of cores disabled on each side.

that means a 4 core ryzen would have 2 cores out of both CCX units disabled.

likewise, a 6 core would get 3 cores per CCX enabled. 

on the 2200G and 2400G they replaced one of the CCX units with a GPU unit and enabled all 4 cores on the single remaining CCX to keep die space the same. (as far as i know) 

to have 6 or more useable cores you need BOTH CCX units - and have no spot to put a GPU unit.

so i doubt we will see a 6 or 8 core ryzen with integrated graphics. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

if my information is correct, it would not be possible to integrate an iGPU into a ryzen CPU with more than 4 cores without some heavy modification to the design as it is.

previous ryzen CPUs had 4 cpu cores + cache bundled into whats called a "core complex" or CCX and there were always two of these CCX units on the package with different but symmetrical number of cores disabled on each side.

that means a 4 core ryzen would have 2 cores out of both CCX units disabled.

likewise, a 6 core would get 3 cores per CCX enabled. 

on the 2200G and 2400G they replaced one of the CCX units with a GPU unit and enabled all 4 cores on the single remaining CCX to keep die space the same. (as far as i know) 

to have 6 or more useable cores you need BOTH CCX units - and have no spot to put a GPU unit.

so i doubt we will see a 6 or 8 core ryzen with integrated graphics. 

Thank you for that useful info  lost of stuff I didn't know about.