Is soft brick still a problem on Giga boards?

On my recommendation my friend bought Gigabyte b350m gaming 3. Everything seems stable but I read that some Gigabyte boards still has bricking problems. Is this true?

Honestly, don't update the BIOS and you should be fine. You shouldn't ever really flash the BIOS unless you're having issues or it will give you tangible performance. Gigabyte in my eyes is still a reputable brand and as such I wouldn't worry about it. Reading into it the issue was mostly contained to a single X370 board that had a bad BIOS update, you should be fine.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

1 minute ago, Nas said:

Honestly, don't update the BIOS and you should be fine. You shouldn't ever really flash the BIOS unless you're having issues or it will give you tangible performance. Gigabyte in my eyes is still a reputable brand and as such I wouldn't worry about it. Reading into it the issue was mostly contained to a single X370 board that had a bad BIOS update, you should be fine.

I've been flashing my BIOS on my Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 with no problems for the past 2 years. So from that experience, I don't think that is an issue anymore.

1 minute ago, QuirkyRobot said:

I've been flashing my BIOS on my Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 with no problems for the past 2 years. So from that experience, I don't think that is an issue anymore.

I think this is only related to AM4 Giga boards??

1 hour ago, Nas said:

MY friend board came with latest F22 BIOS.

I found a post from one guy that wrote that his b350 gaming 3 bricked in January 2018....