Budget gaming pc's in 2018

Ram prices are insane Graphics card prices are not as bad but its still bad

If your someone like me you probaly want to build a gaming pc but you dont have much money. In my case I have 300 dollars for the pc,keyboard,mouse,monitor and speakers(if the monitor doesnt have any).Honestly I dont know what to do.So if you were in a similare senerio what would you do???  

The only games you can play at that price point are pac man and run 3. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

You'll definitely have to go used.  If you buy this Optiplex and stick a budget GPU (maybe a GTX 650 Ti from letgo or Offer Up) in it you'll have a modest rig.  You may have to replace the power supply though.  Get at least Tier 4 from the link in my signature.  Spend the rest on peripherals.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

24 minutes ago, Shadow_gamer said:

In my case I have 300 dollars for the pc,keyboard,mouse,monitor and speakers(if the monitor doesnt have any)

300 bucks ? that is hardly enough for a gaming PC without peripherals

25 minutes ago, Shadow_gamer said:

So if you were in a similare senerio what would you do???  

i'd hug my pillow and cry for half an hour. 

and then i'd be hunting for bargains and used deals as hard as humanly possible. 

52 minutes ago, Shadow_gamer said:

If your someone like me you probaly want to build a gaming pc but you dont have much money. In my case I have 300 dollars for the pc,keyboard,mouse,monitor and speakers(if the monitor doesnt have any).Honestly I dont know what to do.So if you were in a similare senerio what would you do???  

Build something like this.....

I hv made a totally new build fr under $300 that too with a dedicated gpu ..ND peripherals...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($58.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - NT Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($42.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Pipeline HD 160GB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($13.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GT 1030 2GB 2GH LP OC Video Card  ($88.70 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($9.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master - Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($28.33 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $314.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-30 16:44 EDT-0400

ND also g4560 outperforms an i3 2100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

5 hours ago, Shadow_gamer said:

go find a used prebuilt, slap in a gtx 1050 and get some cheap peripherals.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

I hv made a totally new build fr under $300 that too with a dedicated gpu ..ND peripherals...

Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Pipeline HD 160GB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($13.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GT 1030 2GB 2GH LP OC Video Card  ($88.70 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master - Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($28.33 @ OutletPC) 

You can run Minecraft with around 60 FPS. ??

22 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

Except you're getting a 1030 in that scenario. It's a huge waste of money. I need to create a topic on this so I can just link to it. Summary:

It's a weaker version of the GTX 750 (not Ti), but for a much higher price tag. You're way better off buying a used GPU. You can get something way more powerful for under $88. I recently bought two 750 Ti's for $50 each. There was a 950 for $60. I tried to buy that but someone else snapped it up before I could. Just don't buy graphics cards online. 

You didn't include Windows either. The build I suggested would have cost him less than $200 WITH Windows, and stronger. That's more than enough for peripherals. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

Except you're getting a 1030 in that scenario. It's a huge waste of money. I need to create a topic on this so I can just link to it. Summary:

It's a weaker version of the GTX 750 (not Ti), but for a much higher price tag. You're way better off buying a used GPU. You can get something way more powerful for under $88. I recently bought two 750 Ti's for $50 each. There was a 950 for $60. I tried to buy that but someone else snapped it up before I could. Just don't buy graphics cards online. 

You didn't include Windows either. The build I suggested would have cost him less than $200 WITH Windows, and stronger. That's more than enough for peripherals. 

BTW ....I WS SUGGESTING HIM BRAND NEW PARTS....

LAST WEEK I PURCHASED 2 780TI FR $220....ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING GOOD DEALS..

HE SHOULD GET AN OLD PREBUILT WITH 3RD OR 4TH GEN I5 ND JUST SLAP IN A GTX 770/960/780 ND HE'LL BE GOOD TO GO....

ITS ALL UP TO HIM...TO GO WITH USED OR NEW

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

52 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

BTW ....I WS SUGGESTING HIM BRAND NEW PARTS....

LAST WEEK I PURCHASED 2 780TI FR $220....ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING GOOD DEALS..

HE SHOULD GET AN OLD PREBUILT WITH 3RD OR 4TH GEN I5 ND JUST SLAP IN A GTX 770/960/780 ND HE'LL BE GOOD TO GO....

ITS ALL UP TO HIM...TO GO WITH USED OR NEW

Holy hell, is your Caps Lock button broken? 

Even a second generation i5 pre-built is going to cost almost $200, and the power supply definitely won't support a GPU. I do this regularly. I'm sorry, but your suggestion won't fit his budget. 

15 minutes ago, Shadow_gamer said:

Just saved around $30 so the budget is now $330. Also is this (  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JnbGG )good for the price

good luck trying to play any game with 4gb of ram, just find a used prebuilt and slap in a GPU and/or PSU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

good luck trying to play any game with 4gb of ram, just find a used prebuilt and slap in a GPU and/or PSU.

Yeah, just Windows usually uses around 3GB. 

38 minutes ago, Shadow_gamer said:

Just saved around $30 so the budget is now $330. Also is this (  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JnbGG )good for the price

I assume that means you missed the eBay purchase. I can find you another one if you want.  The specs in the used one were phenomenally better than what you've got. It just wasn't new. 

6 hours ago, Shadow_gamer said:

6 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Yeah, just Windows usually uses around 3GB. 

5 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I assume that means you missed the eBay purchase. I can find you another one if you want.  The specs in the used one were phenomenally better than what you've got. It just wasn't new. 

Get something like this fr fairly cheap...fr about $120-150.

$100 fr a used GTX 770/780

$30 fr new PSU...

$20 fr ur peripherals...

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_osacat=0&_odkw=dell+optiplex&_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdell+optiplex+7010.TRS0&_nkw=dell+optiplex+7010

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

4 hours ago, Shadow_gamer said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6t429J

The GTX 660 Ti is better then the GTX 750 TI right???

Yep. Keep in mind that you need to get a regular sized case. That means either buying one in the shape I linked (and the one you linked), or getting a new case. The skinny ones won't accommodate a graphics card or new power supply. If you see a deal like that again though, absolutely take it. 

Check letgo, Craigslist, and Offer Up for graphics cards. Right now eBay prices suck, and a lot of the ones from China are going to be fake. If you're willing to PM me the city you live in (I don't recommend posting it publicly, because then it's here forever) I can check for you. 

As everyone else has said, at that price the best bang for your $ is going to be getting a used OEM system and putting a GPU in it.

Often times, you'll find a refurbisher dumping literally pallets full of I5 optiplexes (some with, some without hard drives) for $100-150.  Pick up one of those (preferrably a tower config rather than a SFF config), get a 1050ti (probably the fastest you'll be able to get without a 6 pin power connector) and call it a day.

Alternatively, you can try to pick up a used Core2duo workstation class PC for $50-ish (like the Dell  T3400,T3500, HP elite, etc) and put a quad core chip purchased from ebay in it.  it will be CPU limited, but it will get you started.  Workstation class PCs have 700+W power supplies with the 6 pin connector  Then put $250 into a GPU.  As you outgrow the system, do a new build down the road, transfer over your CPU, and sell the old build.