WhatsApp for Windows - No banner / desktop notifications

I've been using the Windows 10 desktop version of WhatsApp for quite a while now. The app has stopped showing desktop notifications - both the banner that flashes and also the highlight in Action Center. Is this an isolated issue just for me or do other users face the same as well? I can still hear the notification sound, but can't see the desktop notification banner. Both these alerts used to be functional when the app got launched..

Also,

1. I have checked all notification settings in Windows - all app notifications are allowed and priorities set to their defaults.

2. WhatsApp desktop notifications are enabled in the app's settings page.

I also tried installing the downloadable version from WhatsApp's website and also the UWP version from Windows store (I hope "WhatsApp for Desktop" with a weird thumbnail for the desktop icon is the official one). Both the versions seem to carry this bug now. Any solutions?

All the other apps that have their notifications enabled work fine. Windows 10 - reset and multiple re-installations of the said apps have no effect either. Let me know how or if it works for you guys (assuming people use this XD)

Praveen.

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD

• 5 months later...

Same issue here, I've tried multiple computers and I have the same issue on all computers. I attempted contacting whatsapp support and they didnt seem to be much help. 

I've finally given up and installed whatsapp web, you can add a shortcut to your desktop through chrome and pin it to your taskbar in windows. Chrome allows you to display notifications. 

I keep trying the UWP and app downloaded from the website everytime there is an update to Windows, but still have the same issue. 

One thing I did notice was that "Whatsapp" does not show as an option in "Notification and action settings" in windows.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, PraveenRamanujam said:

I've been using the Windows 10 desktop version of WhatsApp for quite a while now. The app has stopped showing desktop notifications - both the banner that flashes and also the highlight in Action Center. Is this an isolated issue just for me or do other users face the same as well? I can still hear the notification sound, but can't see the desktop notification banner. Both these alerts used to be functional when the app got launched..

Also,

1. I have checked all notification settings in Windows - all app notifications are allowed and priorities set to their defaults.

2. WhatsApp desktop notifications are enabled in the app's settings page.

I also tried installing the downloadable version from WhatsApp's website and also the UWP version from Windows store (I hope "WhatsApp for Desktop" with a weird thumbnail for the desktop icon is the official one). Both the versions seem to carry this bug now. Any solutions?

All the other apps that have their notifications enabled work fine. Windows 10 - reset and multiple re-installations of the said apps have no effect either. Let me know how or if it works for you guys (assuming people use this XD)

Praveen.

Last time I used the downloadable version, windows notifications worked, no luck on the UWP version though

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 1:59 AM, RaZoRsLaSh said:

Same issue here, I've tried multiple computers and I have the same issue on all computers. I attempted contacting whatsapp support and they didnt seem to be much help. 

I've finally given up and installed whatsapp web, you can add a shortcut to your desktop through chrome and pin it to your taskbar in windows. Chrome allows you to display notifications. 

I keep trying the UWP and app downloaded from the website everytime there is an update to Windows, but still have the same issue. 

One thing I did notice was that "Whatsapp" does not show as an option in "Notification and action settings" in windows.

I had virtually the same experience. I also noticed the things you have and the reply I got from WhatsApp's support was that they were aware of this and that a solution was under way but no ETA though.

However, recently, I have been able to get the exe version from their website to work exactly the way I want it to. That helps..

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD