Monitor wont go 144hz?

Panda255

I have a 144hz monitor (Acer 24" 144Hz 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (GN246HL Bbid) - Black) and when i go to the window's settings it says only 60hz System specs: Amd ryzen 1700x 16gb ddr4 rx 580 8gb..  Any help on what to do when i go into the amd software for the gpu it says its only seeing 60hz aswell

4 minutes ago, Panda255 said:

I have a 144hz monitor (Acer 24" 144Hz 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (GN246HL Bbid) - Black) and when i go to the window's settings it says only 60hz System specs: Amd ryzen 1700x 16gb ddr4 rx 580 8gb..  Any help on what to do when i go into the amd software for the gpu it says its only seeing 60hz aswell

Are you using DP or Dual-Link DVI? HDMI and DVI single link won't work.

I'm going to assume you are using the correct cable.  Create a custom resolution and set the refresh rate to either 143 or 145.  It probably won't let you do a 144hz one.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm going to assume you are using the correct cable.  Create a custom resolution and set the refresh rate to either 143 or 145.  It probably won't let you do a 144hz one.

If he has the correct cable installed the option for 144hz should be in the Windows display settings.

Just now, Coombzy said:

If he has the correct cable installed the option for 144hz should be in the Windows display settings.

It often isn't.  I had to set mine manually like that with a DP cable.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

It often isn't.  I had to set mine manually like that with a DP cable.

That shouldn't be the case...

2 minutes ago, Coombzy said:

That shouldn't be the case...

That doesn't change reality.  Windows often only gives the option for 30/59/60hz, while games will still let you go to 144hz.  Plenty of other people on this forum have had this issue, and creating a custom resolution always fixes it.