GvLedService.exe: Open driver handle failure!!

Hey, all I am running into a brick wall here with Gigabyte. I have an AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition. I reinstalled windows a few weeks back and when I open the Aorus Graphics Engine software I get a pop-up box “GvLedService.exe: Open driver handle failure!! in MapMem_Phys_To_Linear”

I have contacted GB and they have been no help.

Things I have tried: 

• I reinstalled windows several times. Also only installed graphics drivers and the Aorus Graphics Engine and still get the same error.
  • I have also tried older Nvida Drivers (last 3 versions)
  • And older versions of the Aorus software (version 1.25,1.28,1.29,1.30)
  • I also reflashed the graphics card BIOS

I am able to replicate through the following steps:

1. Clean SSD

2. Revert BIOS on MB to default settings

3. Reinstalled Windows

4. Installed Nvida Deivers (390.77-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql)

5. Installed Aorus Engine (vga_utility_aorus_engine_setup_v1.30)

6. Aorus Engine launched and got the driver sign error and the error (GvLedService.exe: Open driver handle failure!! in MapMem_Phys_To_Linear)

Thanks for your help.

Rig:

Asus X99-AII

I7-6800K

64GB Ram

Samsung 960 Pro

AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition

Corsair RMI 1000W

Photos:

error.jpg.96e5a340b39b476d1a5a83cec5c88f95.jpg

drivererror.jpg.321a94530b1c5c7e5da2f0f15ea25af5.jpg

Try using an older driver and see if it happens. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Hey, thanks for the replay. I have used the last three versions of Nvidia Drivers and also the Utility and still the same issue. I also use DDU to ensure clean driver installs. 

17 minutes ago, Uefcommand said:

Hey, thanks for the replay. I have used the last three versions of Nvidia Drivers and also the Utility and still the same issue. I also use DDU to ensure clean driver installs. 

Please make sure to quote in the future so people can see your replies. Can you download/install an older version of the Gigabyte software and try doing "updates" to get to the latest version?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Please make sure to quote in the future so people can see your replies. Can you download/install an older version of the Gigabyte software and try doing "updates" to get to the latest version?

Got it, yeah I also did try different versions of the Aorus software (version 1.25,1.28,1.29,1.30)

3 minutes ago, Uefcommand said:

Got it, yeah I also did try different versions of the Aorus software (version 1.25,1.28,1.29,1.30)

Sadly I am out of ideas... googling around for it isnt producing any results or tips/tricks either.. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Sadly I am out of ideas... googling around for it isnt producing any results or tips/tricks either.. 

Yeah, I tried Googling as well. I find people having the issue but no fixes. 

1 minute ago, Uefcommand said:

Yeah, I tried Googling as well. I find people having the issue but no fixes. 

If you are just using the software for overclocking and monitoring of your card info, you would find better support and luck with either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If you are just using the software for overclocking and monitoring of your card info, you would find better support and luck with either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X. 

I am using it for that but also controlling the RGB on the card as well. 

Anyone have any other thoughts? or run into the same thing? Thanks.

I too have this issue. I am actually having all sorts of issues with my Auros gaming box hooked up to my Yoga 920. Constant crashing, doesn't seem to be doing anything, turning on and off.

I started getting GvLedService.exe: Open driver handle failure!!  after i installed the Auros Graphic Engine today. Before today i forgot to download this Engine and never saw this issue. I download it, crashed, and now see it. I would love to know how to fix this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got same motherboard and processor. Still there is no solution for this? I get same error on every Windows starts.

I have the exact same issue with the Gigabyte 1080 ti aorus I just got, anyone know how to fix this? super annoying.

I still have had no luck with Gigabyte, in fact they want me to send the card in and wait up to 6 weeks with out a card. I told them no on that one. so been waiting 2 weeks and I keep leaving messages with a manager with no call back.

So I ended up filing a BBB complaint and now they closed my case and will no longer talk to me because of this complaint. 

Here is the solution, the video is in Spanish, but the tutorial can be found in the description ^^

On 3/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, Castium said:

Here is the solution, the video is in Spanish, but the tutorial can be found in the description ^^

This actually worked, I wonder what is causing the issue.

Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

Here is the fix, is a folder that needs to be replaced, no malware nor anything, just plain pure Led folder extracted from my own video card Aorus 1070

https://tinyurl.com/ybh6dwe6

The fixes suggested in the video didn't do anything here. Even worse, 1.33 removed some LED options, so after trying to see if 1.33 fixed the service fail problem (it didn't) I had to use 1.32 to actually see the 2 missing LED modes and the option to use Breathing through the colors, instead of just one. 

I hate this dumb application with a passion. I tried each version since I think 1.28 to see if it's fixed, and obviously it's not. If you can't fix something as minuscule as this over 6 months (about the time I have my 1070ti), I fear facing their customer support.

To make things worse, there's no official support forum or place to report the issue. I tried Twitter got ignore obviously.

Hi guys,
Just installed a GB 1060 GPU on my Win 7 PC, got the same error as everyone else. I've run the fix in the youtube video above, seems to work, no more error messages.

BUT I now have Aorus Graphics Engine utility AND GB Extreme Gaming Utility running at the same time. Is this right? Presumably I don't need both running? Should I uninstall the first one or just disable it on startup? Advice much appreciated.

gigabyte.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

The latest version finally fixed this (at least for me). The application seems to work properly without crashing, and without having to perform any steps. That's good, as it's the only way to change the LED on my card.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, I'm having the same problem, same message, for about a week, can't be sure but after reading all your posts, it could be that there is a glitch in the software and its so new that the Gigabyte techs ether haven't found it, or haven't come up with a fix. I too started to do all the crazy troubleshooting we do. then a friend sent me a link to this page. Now I think I'm going to chill for a few days and see what happens. I'll never forget my DVD drive clicking back in 2006. I tried everything. it was still under warranty and shop ended up changing almost every part. I got the old case back but the rest was new and the drive still clicked. two weeks later I was installing some Microsoft updates and one said "fix a problem with the DVD drive clicking. It took four months for Microsoft to put that update out. LOL, lets hope its something like that. this is my Sim Racing Rig, I race pro and this monster has gone blue screen twice while racing. Not cool. 

member A930 I've downloaded the file two times. each time after extracting file, it's empty. Also, I have the Aorus 1080 ti 11GB card, I checked the site and there was a new version for the Engine that just came out on June 12th. I downloaded it, Uninstalled the old version, then installed the new version. the first time I started it, the same message came up. 

My System was built by me back in Feb of 2017, I'm the owner of Xtream Stealth Computers.

System Info

Motherboard          ASUS Sabertooth X79 (new)

CPU                       i7 4820K for the last week I've been running at 3.7GHz Stock, before the problem and for the last 16 months I've been running at 4.75GHz.

CPU Cooler            Corsair H115i using 4 x 140 Corsair Mag Fans

RAM                      32 GB / 4 Sticks of Kingston Beast 8GB DDR3 @ 2100 MHz 

GPU                       Aorus GTX 1080 ti 11GB running at 1600

PCU                       Corsair AX1200W (new)

OS Drive                SanDisk Xtreme 500GB SSD

Storage Drives       One Western Digital Blue 3TB, One Western Digital 2TB

Case                       THOR V2

Keyboard                Redragon Mechanical

Mouse                     Logitech MX Anywhere

Racing Wheel         Thrustmaster T500RS With Mod Brake and Gas

Wheel Rim               Thrustmaster F1 with a $1400 Full SLI / Button / Dial Mod

Internet                    High Speed Cable 300 Mbps

On 6/20/2018 at 9:23 AM, XtreamStealth said:

ok, I'm having the same problem, same message, for about a week, can't be sure but after reading all your posts, it could be that there is a glitch in the software and its so new that the Gigabyte techs ether haven't found it, or haven't come up with a fix.

It should be fixed in latest software. It was broken for my 1070ti for ages, until they finally fixed it, months later. Just try the latest version.

unfortunately i have given up and i even tried the latest version of the software again and still no go on my 1080TI. I do know i will never buy another Aorus product again.