4K TV Connected to PC Only Running at 720p

System: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7qpXsZ

Hi, recently I bought a 4k TV, a Toshiba 50L711U18, and it works fine as a 2nd monitor for my PC. The only problem is, it doesn't actually want to run at 4k (3840x2160), its native resolution. Sure, I can set it to 4k through AMD Settings or through the Windows display settings, but whenever I check it in a game or anywhere, it's as blocky as 720p. And that's what games think it is, 720p. I know my HDMI cable can support 4k, as it's HDMI High Speed, so I don't know what the problem is here. Can anyone help me out?

Change the resolution in-game? I have a 1440p monitor and when I load into games for the first time, it is usually set to 720p or something along those lines. You need to change the in-game settings. Windows runs in 4k for you, right?

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

1 minute ago, Unimaginative Name said:

Change the resolution in-game? I have a 1440p monitor and when I load into games for the first time, it is usually set to 720p or something along those lines. You need to change the in-game settings. Windows runs in 4k for you, right?

When I do, it jumbo sizes it and it goes onto my second monitor, acting like the monitor is only 1/8 of the size of the actual one.

1 minute ago, SuperFighterGood said:

When I do, it jumbo sizes it and it goes onto my second monitor, acting like the monitor is only 1/8 of the size of the actual one.

I've noticed some games just do that. I usually go full-screen, and then change the resolution. Again, does Windows run in 4K?

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

disconnect your main monitor and only use tv, See if games run at 4k or not

1 minute ago, Unimaginative Name said:

I've noticed some games just do that. I usually go full-screen, and then change the resolution. Again, does Windows run in 4K?

Windows does run in 4K, and running it in fullscreen does the same thing.

2 minutes ago, avg123 said:

disconnect your main monitor and only use tv, See if games run at 4k or not

Doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, avg123 said:

what dosent work?

Using the TV as the main monitor still has the 720p scaling problem.

do you have a second computer or laptop you can plug in your tv. that would narrow down the source of the problem--- your computer or your tv

22 minutes ago, avg123 said:

do you have a second computer or laptop you can plug in your tv. that would narrow down the source of the problem--- your computer or your tv

Sadly, no

If you can change the tv resolution to 4k in windows, i think you should be able to change it in the game.

Maybe you selected "windowed display", change it to fullscreen.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w