Microphone for beyerdynamic dt 770

LethoX

Hey people. I just bought the dt 770 for gaming purposes. So now all I need is a mic for them, so here is my question.

Which one should I buy? Modmic 4.0 uni directional (83 USD) or the modmic 5.0 (100 USD)

Modmic 5 is just more versatile than modmic 4 since the 5 have both capsules of uni and omni directional 

So I should just go with the 4.0 uni? Because I have alot of background noise so I won't be using omni anyway

@LethoX - If you never plan on using Omni mode then the question is more if having detachable cables is worth the price. It may be if you have a habit of rolling over your cables with your chair, have a cat (or other creature prone to eating your stuff), or just like being able to use a 1 or 2 meter cable instead of the ModMic 4's fixed 3 meter length.

What country are you in btw? I can try to make sure you're getting the best price :) 

Also consider the ModMic Business - despite its name its a ModMic 4 with a 1.5 meter cable and a free USB adapter (but no hardshell carrying case). USB adapters are highly recommended if you're planning on using your PC and don't have a clean audio input. I can also link you one of those depending on country. We make one but internationally they get stupidly expensive thank to customs and shipping.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Hey, appreciate the help! I'm from Denmark, if you wanna help me find it cheaper. Best I've found so far is the 4.0 for 70 USD with shipping on amazon.co.uk.