triple boot raspberry pi 3 from usb drive

could somebody tell me how to triple boot raspbian,kodi and retro pi from a usb flashdrive (i have an sd card but it can only fit one os) 

so i want the whole thing to work without the sd card

thx

Booting from USB at all is actually kind of an elaborate procedure.  I've not got it working on mine.  However if you just get a larger microSD card triple (or more) booting is trivially simple.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Booting from USB at all is actually kind of an elaborate procedure.  I've not got it working on mine.  However if you just get a larger microSD card triple (or more) booting is trivially simple.

i just bought the pi and need to get it setup by tommorow (dont have time to get a new sd card)

You need an SD card to even boot to an OS on the flash drive. The Pi always looks there to boot, so to boot to USB the SD card needs to essentially redirect the boot process.

(Edit: missed that you already have a SD card)

1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

i just bought the pi and need to get it setup by tommorow (dont have time to get a new sd card)

I believe these are the official instructions on how to boot from USB

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/msd.md

If you can get that working, I suspect NOOBS will let you install to it just as you would to a microSD (ie, multiple OSes will be easy)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, mail929 said:

You need an SD card to even boot to an OS on the flash drive. The Pi always looks there to boot, so to boot to USB the SD card needs to essentially redirect the boot process.

i have an sd card which i can use but it cant  store everything