[REVIEW] audio-technica ATH-AVC200 SonicPro

*Before I start, I am just letting you guys know that this is my first review, so please tell me what I can do to improve next time... Also, I am not too knowledgeable in audio, so this will be kind of basic*

I first bought these since I had a $25 Google Express credit that expired soon. So, knowing that my younger brother needed new headphones, I found the best I could get for free. I then found the Audio-Technica ATH-AVC200 SonicPro's. I got them for free, but the MSRP is normally $30, so I will go off of that for value. First off with the specs: they are closed back sterio headphones with 40mm drivers. It had a frequency response of 20-22,000 Hz and a maximum input power of 500 mW. The sensitivity is at 100 dB/mW and it features an impedance of 40 ohms.

Enough with specs, now build quality. It is all plastuc, but seems like it will hold up well. 

Andmost import user experience. How do they sound? Pretty good actually. They are not too base heavy, but they are enjoyable. They feel good on the head, not too much clamp. The earpads are soft, but cannot compare to memory foam. The package includes the headset with attached cable that terminates to 3.5mm, though if you would like to use it with a DAC or AMP, it comes with a 6.3mm converter. And that is pretty much it. Thanks for reading!

Pictures:

20180205_170620.jpg

20180205_170844.jpg

20180205_171005.jpg

20180205_171207.jpg

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Short and sweet. Maybe some pictures to go with the review and a little more detail. Maybe compare it to a competitive product. But just my opinion. I have 0 exp with doing reviews myself.

6 minutes ago, Killershoe said:

Short and sweet. Maybe some pictures to go with the review and a little more detail. Maybe compare it to a competitive product. But just my opinion. I have 0 exp with doing reviews myself.

Completely forgot to add pictures. I already took some for that purpose. I don't really have anything else to compare it to except for my phone's stock earbuds.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Strikes me as very similar to the Sennheiser HD 201 headphones. May not look like much - but those cans last for years. The only seriously weak part is the material of the ear-pads. The plastic parts may seem light and flimsy but it's rather flexible to doesn't strain too much with daily use.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB