NZXT S340 Airflow

Greetings all!

I have scoured the internet and come across numerous articles relating to the configuration of fans in this case, though I haven't found any that relate completely to my proposed situation. Given the two fans that come in the case (rear and top exhaust 120mm), I am also using a CPU AIO 240mm rad/fan set up in the front as intake. My question is what sort of impacts might I expect if I were to move the front AIO/rad to a push exhaust setup and change the rear & top fans to intake cool air, coupled with some DEMCI dust filters? Additionally, if this were a good idea, would keeping the dust filter supplied on the front of the case in place be a good idea, despite the change in airflow from intake to exhaust?

Thanks for any and all input!

I haven't had any airflow problems in the S340. I've got two intake fans in the front and two exhaust fans in the back and top. Honestly I'm not sure why you would switch it around.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Thanks, Crunchy Dragon. Long time follower of the Youtube channel, new forum member. 

My my main concern with my current setup, identical to yours is the rad is set up in the front using a push intake method, meaning the hot air is being forced back into the case. I’m strictly concerned with longevity and an optimum solution. 

2 hours ago, ItsMeSteveyP said:

My my main concern with my current setup, identical to yours is the rad is set up in the front using a push intake method, meaning the hot air is being forced back into the case. I’m strictly concerned with longevity and an optimum solution. 

The air will be a bit warmer but far from hot and shouldn't affect cooling of other components much.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i use a 280mm rad as front intake, i dont have any issues at all

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.